August 26, 2009

{WSC #94} Good Works . . .



. . . are links that form a chain of love. ~ Mother Teresa




Isn't this a unique layout? It's by the one and only Beate at Fresh and Fun for her Weekend Sketch Challenge #94.

Honestly, I wasn't too sure about this sketch when I first saw it, but it has grown on me and now I really like it! What I especially like is that it is something different from the norm.

The card is a 5-1/4" square of natural cardstock, layered with a scrap of rustic rust colored designer paper. The stamp set I've used is "Inspired by Nature" by Stampin' Up! I colored directly on the stamp with my Stampin Up watercolor markers and spritzed it with a fine mist of water before stamping onto the natural cardstock.

I distressed the edges of the image with Versafine Vintage Sepia and layered it onto a piece of summer sun cardstock. Under that is a piece of textured brown cardstock that I did a quick little random stitching on before adhering to the card. This terrific quote is from the same set, stamped in chocoloate chip. Then I added a little clippy, eyelet and ribbon to jazz it up a bit!


What do you think? Wouldn't you like to try this sketch challenge too? You can! Just blog on over to Beate's blog for all the deets! :)

As always, I thoroughly enjoy your comments and thank you for stopping by today! If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask and I'll try to answer via my next post.

Smiles 2 U ~




~ Quote for Today ~
Never miss an opportunity to make others happy,
even if you have to leave them alone in order to do it. ~Author Unknown

7 comments:

Gail S. said...

Very pretty, Pam. Looks like fall is in the air!

Sheri Gilson said...

Very pretty card Pam!! Love the embelishments. You did a great job with the sketch!!

LINDA said...

Beautiful card.. I just love the colors that you used.. So warm and lovely..
Hugs, Linda

mulberry station said...

Pam, Don't you just love this stamp set.
Your card is beautiful.

CreativeMish said...

Great job with the sketch! Great color choice, too!

Kimberly said...

This is beautiful! Love the warm colors and the stitching!

Lynn Put said...

Beautiful card Pam!