August 20, 2009

Trendy Trees creation by Jami ~


I mentioned in my last post that I had borrowed my sweet DIL Jami's "Trendy Trees" set by Stampin Up. Since I assembled it for her, she let me keep it for awhile. :) Jami is so busy right now with her new teaching job that she knew the set wouldn't see much action at her house. Lucky for me because this is one of my favorite sets! :)

Jami made this *terrific* card while we were stamping together on Sunday and I want to share it with you because I know you'll love it as much as I do! This card is proof that "less is more" and it's a perfect way to use this set! Jami always amazes me with her ideas. I would never have thought to tie on the sentiment this way! She's actually tied the twine around the card and then used dimensionals to stick the sentiment over it. Isn't that clever?

Oh, I want to be sure to tell you too that I heard back from Addicted to Rubber Stamps on Monday about the stamp I received with the wrong rubber attached and they immediately sent me a new stamp. I got the real "Changito Miranda" in the mail today! I've already stamped a couple images and plan to color them and create a card later. :)

Thanks for stopping by today! I hope you're all having a great week! Who's glad tomorrow is FRIDAY?! YaY!! I live for my weekends...

Smiles 2 U!




~ Quote for Today ~
The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The next best time is now.
-Chinese Proverb

8 comments:

Suzy Tyler said...

What a darling, simple card. I think you rocked those trees rather nicely! Love your color choices, too. Also, thanks for dropping by my blog today. I've been on vacation for three weeks and it's time to get down to business. Come see me again soon!

Tenia Nelson said...

Love it!!

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

Pam I love your card! I am soooo CASEing you! Ü

Sheri Gilson said...

Great card!! Your DIL did a wonderful job~love the C&S look!

Michele Kovack said...

This is a gorgeous card!!! Love all the white space and the piercing to ground those trees!!!

Linzy said...

That is a beautiful card! I often forget that less is more. I also hardly EVER think to use my piercing template...hmm...might have to break it out this weekend. Great card, Jami! I wish I had you for a MIL, Pam! :)

Kelly Mahany said...

I agree Pam... Trendy Trees is a wonderful stamp set and you are right in this case that less is more! Your card is perfection on paper!!

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh Pam this is so fun and cute, awesome job.