August 26, 2009

{Sweet Sketch #12} Color Challenge Too!



Check out this most unlikely combination of Stampin' Up colors! They are: certainly celery, so saffron, real red and only orange. Seriously?!

First. I printed off this week's Sweet Sketch for guidance and then I pulled out a sheet of cardstock for each of these colors. *gasp* What in the world was Arlana thinking!?! :) I'll tell you what she was thinking ~ *challenge*!

It took me longer than usual to create this card, mainly because I had to try every which way of using the colors. Finally, I decided to tame down the fiery red and orange and emphasize the soft saffron & celery.

The stamps used are from Stampin' Up ~ Love Is In the Air and Noteworthy. I've used the polka dot Cuttlebug folder on the so saffron piece and stitched down the layers. Just three little brads and some ribbon to embellish. I hope you like my sketch card and I invite you *ALL* to join in the challenge! Please hop on over the Sweet Sketch Wednesday blog for all the details! If you need a bit more persuading, check out what all the other gals on the Sweet Sketch team have created this week.

I want to give a GET WELL SOON shout out to Arlana, the fantastic designer and organizer of Sweet Sketch Wednesday. The poor gal has been battling a sinus infection this week and I'm hoping by the time she sees this, she's feeling as good as new!

How's your week going so far, my friends? The days fly by, don't they?! Whatever you do, try to find time to do what you enjoy!

Happy Stamping & Smiles 2 U!


~ Quote for Today ~
I have an almost religious zeal - not for technology per se, but for the Internet which is for me, the nervous system of mother Earth, which I see as a living creature, linking up.
-Dan Millman

12 comments:

Teri said...

Hiya,
Love the sweet simplicity of your card, and all that stitching too!
Hugs,
Teri x

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

I would never have put those colors together, but the are gorgeous!

LINDA said...

Beautiful card.. Love the stitching.. Very lovely!!
Hugs, Linda

Kelly Mahany said...

You nailed the sketch and the color challenge! She doesn't call it challenge for nothing right??

Your card is spot on! I love it!

Sheri Gilson said...

I love how we all had a little struggle with the color portion of the challenge this week. Your card is wonderful!! I love how you used the colors for the flowers. Fabulous job!!

mulberry station said...

Yours cards are always beautiful Pam...I love the stitching on your cards. You nailed this one with the color challenge. Love the flowers and the embossing.

Jessica Diedrich said...

This is gorgeous, Pam! I just adore the sewing you do and the color combo is wonderful but you really brought it even more beauty!

Arlana 11426 said...

Pam, Your card tured out so pretty. I love how you played with my colors. You just know how to put your cards together. There always so fun and some of the best. Sorry to make you struggle with the color challenge. Thanks for all the well wishes.

Katie Skiff said...

Very pretty!! As usual! *wink* I think you did a great job on this color challenge too.

sweetbloominscraps said...

Pam, what a sweet card. I love the simple flowers and I always love your stitching. The embossing is one of my favorite techniques to add to a card! I haven't been on your site for about two weeks....love all your cards...so fun to look at!

CreativeMish said...

What a cute card! I love the brad centers!

Liz Weber said...

Hi Pam, your card is gorgeous - love the wonderful job on the colour scheme and those flowers are so elegant.