August 06, 2009

Prince Charming and the Cheezy Card ~


If there was a challenge for "Cheeziest Card", I think this one would have a good shot at winning! :) Let me explain where this idea came from so you don't think I've gone off the papercrafting edge here . . .

One of our young sales engineers at work asked me if I would create a birthday card he could give his wife. Of course, he asked me yesterday and needed it today so I didn't have a lot of time to think about my design. I knew that she liked and collected FROGS so that was about all I had to go on to make it personal. This cute little "Girl & Frog" by Elzybells Art Stamps is one of the few frog stamps I own. (Yes, I should have bought Stampin Up's "Unfrogetable" when it was on my Wish List!)

Do you recognize this terrific sketch? It was the Mojo Monday Sketch #97 last week and it was fresh in my mind to use again today. Cheezy or not, he thought the card was funny and seemed to really like it . . . and my payment is lunch on him someday soon. Can't beat that! :)

That's all for tonight my friends! Thank U for blogging by and I hope to have something a little less "cheezy" for you next time! Smiles 2 U!




Quote for Today ~
We think too small, like the frog at the bottom of the well. He thinks the sky is only as big as the top of the well. If he surfaced, he would have an entirely different view. Mao Tse-Tung
Supplies ~
Stamps: Elzybells Art Stamps, computer generated sentiments
Paper: Misc green dp; Front Porch-orange/green plaid; Stampin Up pumpkin pie
Ink: Memento tuxedo black
Other: copic markers, mega/giga Uchida punches, pumpkin pie grosgrain ribbon, large orange brads, stitching with Janome Sew Mini (love that machine!)

12 comments:

Lynn Put said...

Totally adorable!!!
Your co-workers wife is going to love it!

Crystal said...

HOW CUTE Pam!!! She will love this, sooo adorable!

Arlana 11426 said...

Pam This is totally awsome!!! Totally sweet too!!!

LINDA said...

OH I love it.. Its totally awesome..Great job..Im sure she will love it..
Hugs, Linda

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

I don't think this is cheesy at all! Great layout and love the colors!

mulberry station said...

Pam, this is just too cute. I love the image and the colors you have used. Just adorable!!

Katie Skiff said...

That is so cute!! I love the image!

CreativeMish said...

Very cute! I'm sure she'll love it!

Linzy said...

Cheesey? Yes. Cute? YES! :)

LeAnne said...

Sweet, not cheesy at all! She's gonna LOVE it!

Sheri Gilson said...

Adorable card Pam!! Love the colors.

Tammy Hershberger said...

That is too cute, and I'd trade anyday for a free lunch!