August 19, 2009

{Sweet Sketch #11} Here's to Age ...

... and those of us who never show it! ;)


Today is Sweet Sketch Wednesday and time to play along with another one of Arlana's challenging sketches!

This stamp is an oldie, but a goodie by American Art Stamps. It just makes me *smile* and hopefully my card will make you *smile* too! :)

I had planned to make this strictly a black and white card, but I couldn't resist giving my lady a little color...and then the flowers too. :)
The polka dot paper has a little bit of the light aqua in it too and I used the same pale porcelain blue Copic marker to highlight the black and white floral designer paper. The Taylored Expressions twill ribbon is one of my favorite types of ribbon to work with and I just happened to have the right color for this card. You gotta love it when that happens! :)

As always, you're ALL encouraged to play along with these sketch challenges! The intent of the Sweet Sketch Design Team members is to inspire you to create a card of your own. Arlana has put together a team of 12 designers and you'll enjoy seeing how each one interpreted this layout. For all the details, please scoot on over to the Sweet Sketch Wednesday blog. You'll be happy you did!



That's all for now, but I hope to be back again this week with a "Trendy Tree" card. My sweet DIL Jami came out to stamp with me on Sunday and since I assembled her new Stampin Up set for her, she let me keep it here for awhile. :)

Have a GREAT day! Smiles 2 U ~


~ Quote for Today ~
Age is an issue of mind over matter.
If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.
- Mark Twain

11 comments:

Sue from Oregon said...

Love these stamps...I have some uninked ones myself. Love the black, white and turq on this creation!

Linzy said...

I LOVE that pop of color! Nice sketch too.

Teri said...

Liking the card! Very cheeky!
Hugs,
Teri x

LINDA said...

Such a darling card..Love the image..Great job..
Hugs, Linda

Sheri Gilson said...

Pam, this is so cute!! I love the b&w with just a touch of blue and that image is priceless. Great Job!!

Lynn Put said...

This is such a great card! I love this image and how you added the touch of aqua to the black and white!

CreativeMish said...

LOL! Fabulous stamp! I love the black and white with just a touch of blue.

mulberry station said...

You did it again...this card is just too cute. I love the stamp and the black and white colors. It is fabulous!

Lisa T said...

Great card! Love the black and white with a touch of aqua. Love the stitching, too!

Liz Weber said...

Hiya Pam, lol love that stamp. Your card is wonderfully fun and I love the sewing, I haven't done that for ages!

Kelly Mahany said...

How whimsical and fun! Great sentiment! Love your take on the sketch!