August 31, 2009

{MTSC #37} One of a Kind!

It's time for Mercy's "One of a Kind" Tuesday Sketch Challenge!


Yep! Another FUN one too! Gotta love the circles and a chance to use those punches! :)

This delicious looking apple is from the Stampin' Up! 'Tart and Tangy" set. I've stamped it on naturals ivory with ruby red and kiwi kiss ink. Actually, before I stamped the apple, I wiped off the stem and leaf and colored it in with the chocolate chip and old olive markers.

The rustic designer papers are from my scrap stash and I've layered it with ruby red and old olive cardstock. The edge on the red piece is with a Martha Stewart border punch.

The idea for my sentiment came from the Stampin' Up! set "Mixed Greetings", but it was just too big and overpowered my little apples, so I created my own handwritten "one of a kind" message! Can you tell it's not stamped? ;)

After seeing the photos, I'm questioning my color choices, but I really do think they look better in real life! :) I've distressed all the edges with a sponge and Versafine Vintage Sepia ink, added some zig-zag stitching, linen thread bow, and a mini clip to highlight my "one of a kind" apple!

Enough about MY card! Please scoot on over to Lord Have Mercy and see what Mercy and her fabulous team of Muses have created to inspire you today!! And CHECK IT OUT ~ the one and only Shannan Tuebner has joined our team! AND we have a extra-special NEW rockstar stamper ~ Suzy Tyler from Inky Rubber~ as our September Guest Muse!! WELCOME Suzy! :) These gals are just AWESOME and it is my pleasure to be creating along with them!

~ Mercy's Muses ~

Jackie Pedro ~ The Scalloped Edge
Cindy Haffner ~ Cindy Haffner's Corner
Pam Varnell ~ The Stamping Addict
Julie Lacey ~ Stamps and Taxes
Crystal Birr ~ The Messy Stamper
Jessica Diedrich ~ The Whimsical Butterfly
Shannan Tuebner ~ Shannan Tuebner Designs

You are ALL invited and encouraged to play along with this sketch challenge! You'll find all the details on Mercy's blog. Won't you join us?

Happy Stamping & Smiles 2 U!



~ Quote for Today ~
The best teachers teach from the heart, not from the book.
Author Unknown

17 comments:

Jackie Pedro said...

This is one fabulous card, Pam! LOVE every little detail and the colors are fantastic!!

Shannan Teubner said...

This is a fabulous card, Pam!! Love that apple!

Christina Smith said...

Love those apples!!

Suzy Tyler said...

Now how cute is this! LOVE it! Makes my water!

Jessica Diedrich said...

I know that I will say this until I'm blue in the face but your stitching...ohhhh it's awesome! Love the apples too! Such a great fall card!

Pam Varnell said...

This is AMAZING. You are "the bomb" at stitching. I just love this card.

Unknown said...

love this, pam! i wouldnt change a thing...the colors are perfect! :) you can sew like nobody's business, lady...wonderfully done! :)

thanks for another gorgeous sketch sample this week! :)

{{{hugs}}}
mercy

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh fun, I love the stitching and the apples. Awesome job.

Sharolyn said...

I've been comming to your blog for awhile now Pam..and you always WOW me...your work is amazing! And I love your quotes too! Thanks for sharing...I'll be back! :)

Julie said...

Beautiful, Pam! Wowsers! I love the little apples, well done! :)

LeAnne said...

Very sweet! I love that you did it in a vintage look!!!

Crystal said...

Pam I love this set and you did an amazing job with it...wonderful job with the sketch too! Beautiful!

Sheri Gilson said...

Darling card Pam!! I love the green & red combo with the apples!

Silke Ledlow said...

Fabulous card - Pam!!! Love your take on the Sketch!!! Hugs ~S~

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

WOW! I love this apple card!

CreativeMish said...

Great card! Great stamp! my two favorite colors!

Anonymous said...

Oh yes, love an opportunity to pull out the punches or other fun tools!! I love the little clip and the use of these apples!! Just adorable!