August 16, 2009

Sunny Side Up Sunday!


After creating monochromatic black, brown and white cards the past couple days, I thought it was time for something with a little more color . . . and there is nothing like Stampin Up's summer sun yellow to brighten the day! :)
This is one of the new stamps I received from Addicted to Rubber Stamps. In case you don't already know, I am a smiley face collector and have a tough time passing up anything with a smiley face on it! :)
I've never seen this stamp before and just happened upon it in their online store. It's by Expressions in Ink and dated 1996. :) They were probably thinking no one would ever buy it and then I came along. LoL!

I've stamped the image on white cardstock with Stazon black and then clear embossed. I actually tried using Versamark and black embossing powder and had little black specks all over it. And that's after using the Embossing Buddy on the cardstock! I guess I'll just stick to my clear embossing powder until I figure out the secret. (all tips are welcome!) Then I stamped it again on the summer sun cardstock and cut it out and layered it on top of the first one.

Do you like the bottom edge? That's my new Martha Stewart border punch from Walmart. I especially like it with the black cardstock showing through the dots. The top section is cuttlebug embossed with polka dots. It's just a fun little 4-1/4" quickie card!

I've got to tell you about one of the other stamps I got from Addicted to Rubber Stamps yesterday. It's "Changito Miranda" from Stampendous...the Changito monkey with banana headress & mariachi shakers. I had plans to make a silly, colorful card with her and the sentiment "What's Shakin?". Anyway, I went to ink it up to stamp some images and was shocked to see that the rubber was actually a birthday sentiment! Have you ever had that happen? :) I emailed ARS and hope to hear from them soon. Hopefully, I don't have to mail it back and they'll just send me a new one. I'll keep you posted on their customer service. :)

We had a *great* time last night with the kids and the BBQ was very tasty! (Sorry Linzy, no leftovers! ;) Jami and I talked about going to the movie "Julie & Julia" this afternoon, or we might just stamp it up instead. We'll see! Whatever your plans ~ have a Sunny Side Up kind of day!!!
Smiles 2 U!



Quote for Today ~
Remember, people will judge you by your actions, not your intentions. You may have a heart of gold, but so does a hard-boiled egg. ~ unknown

9 comments:

thimbles bobbins paper and ink said...

I just love your color choices and combinations...always. Whether you make monochromatic cards or you go full out with your amazing coloring skils, your cards are always eyecatching.

I want to see Julie & Julia too. Have fun if you go and give a report!

Cheers!
Jennifer :)

Sue from Oregon said...

How very fun!

Linzy said...

I can't believe you didn't save me any! ;) Glad you guys had fun. cute card-I have to admit I've never seen a smiley face egg stamp before. :)

Mrs. Fence said...

Love this card! The colors are fabulous, and I love the smilie face! Hope you are having a sunny side up day today!

a portland granny said...

I love your quotes!! That card is really cute. I love the bright color on the black.

I have a hard time with heat embossing also--the little dots that show up.

I love your Martha Stuart punch. I have several and yesterday found one that would not go through the SU cardstock! Very frustrating! But it looks like you got a nice clean punch on yours!

Tenia Nelson said...

Love this card!!!!!!

Sheri Gilson said...

Very fun card Pam!! Love the colors.

Stamp and Smile said...

Oh Pam, you are rocking with all the eye candy I'm seeing! Just blown away on this card... I had a good laugh and SMILE! I hope you enjoyed the movie or stamping time... :)

Laurie in MN said...

I love the card.
Your card brought back the memory when the delivery nurse said my daughter was born sunny side up, meaning face up. And your yolk is face up.