August 30, 2009

{MOJO #101} Vintage Windmill



Here I am playing with the MoJo Monday sketch on the Sunday after! That's one of the great things about these sketch challenges...there really is no time limit! :)

I've used one of my old stamps for this card ~ it's "Vintage Windmill" by Stampabilities 2002. I inked it up with Versafine vintage sepia and stamped it on naturals ivory cardstock. It was punched out with the mega Marvy Uchida circle punch and the edges sponged.

The designer paper is by Basic Grey and the blue is actually Stampin Up vintage violet, stamped with the canvas background stamp. The brown strip is stamped with the weathered background stamp. And then I added the jumbo eyelet, ribbon and random stitching to finish it off.

I've got a dear "old" high school friend that likes windmills, so this was created especially for her . . . just to let her know I'm thinking of her! :)

Thank you all for the "well wishes"! I'm a little sore yet and doing some of my stamping standing up. :) The ice pack helps and so does the tylenol with codeine. ;) I think I may just stay home from work tomorrow and give myself another day to recupe...and stamp! :)

Are you having a good weekend? Our weather is just gorgeous here in Nebraska! The sun is shining, low 70's and I've got the windows open to enjoy the fresh air.

Happy Stamping and Smiles 2 U!





~ Quote for Today ~
But oh! the blessing it is to have a friend to whom one can speak fearlessly on any subject; with whom one's deepest as well as one's most foolish thoughts come out simply and safely. Oh, the comfort - the inexpressible comfort of feeling safe with a person - having neither to weigh thoughts nor measure words, but pouring them all right out, just as they are, chaff and grain together; certain that a faithful hand will take and sift them, keep what is worth keeping, and then with the breath of kindness blow the rest away.
~Dinah Craik, A Life for a Life, 1859

7 comments:

Sheri Gilson said...

Fabulous masculine Pam!! I love the distressing and rich colors.

Gail S. said...

Pam-
Just catching up with your blog over the weekend and hope you are feeling better! Love your cards and take it easy. Our Nebraska weather has been great over the weekend - not much wind and so pretty out. I went golfing for the first time on Saturday and it was a perfect evening to do that!

mulberry station said...

Love your card Pam...especially the deep rich colors and distressing . What a nice image too. Great color combo!!!

Michele Kovack said...

This is a gorgeously vintage card! Love it! I had to get caught up with you....I didn't realize you had had surgery. I am glad you are starting to feel better! : ) Hugs to you dear friend!

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

This would also make a great guy card! Love it!

Unknown said...

That is beautiful!

Laura Evangeline said...

Oh, this is super cute! And, "where in the world" is right! I'm in Texas right now. I was in Germany and Kuwait last week too. Mom had brain surgery, so I hurried on home to be here for that. She's much better now though. She came home yesterday, so it's back around the world for me in just a few more days. HUGS!!!