August 23, 2009

{Celebrating MoJo 100!} Let's DANCE!

DANCE as if no one were watching,
SING as if no one were listening,
LIVE every day as if it were your last.



There is always something exciting going on in the blog world of rubber stamping and cardmaking. This week we're celebrating MoJo Monday's 100th!


To celebrate, the Mojo Makers have pulled out their own sketchbooks and contributed new sketches that they posted every day this week. The sketches are all awesome and the samples I've seen certainly ignite creativity!


I really wish I would have had time to do them all, but there simply aren't enough hours in the day for everything I want to do! You know that feeling, right? Soooo...on the last day {Day 7} of "Mojo Monday Turns 100" here is my contribution to the celebration!


I just *love* this sketch and found it to be a terrific way to use scraps of designer paper. Once I found two coordinating pieces, I got out my 1-1/4" & 1-3/8" square punches and got busy. Since I wanted to use the punches for uniform squares with less cutting, I had to modify the overall size of my card to accomodate all 12 squares evenly. The size of this card is 4-1/2" x 5-7/8".


Once I had all the squares tacked on with a bit of tape adhesive, I zig zag stiched between them all. Some of you have asked questions about how I sew on my cards and I just have to say it is super easy, especially with the Janome Sew Mini. {As much as I advertise it, you would think I sell them, but I don't. } I usually sew the layers before I attach it to the folded carstock piece. This is much easier and hides the stitching on the backside. When using adhesive to attach your layers, make sure you don't put any where you intend to sew. I learned the hard way on this!


This inspiring sentiment is from VERVE STAMPS. The set is "Beautiful You" and I *won* it! No kidding! I've entered several of the MoJo sketch challenges, but my "Life is Like a Bowl of Cherries" card was selected as one of the Top 7 in MoJo Week 94! Thee Queen MoJo Maker, Julee Tilman, is *so* generous and let me select my favorite set from Verve. Oh my! It was difficult to decide, but I knew that I would get lots of use from this set and I already have! And it seemed quite appropo that I use it today! :)



If you have time, be sure to blog on over to the MoJo Monday Sketch Blog and view all the entries. You'll be amazed and inspired!

Happy Sunday and Smiles 2 U!






~ Quote for Today ~
Some days there won't be a song in your heart. Sing anyway. -Emory Austin

9 comments:

Sheri Gilson said...

Fabulous card Pam!! Great job with the sketch.

Katie Skiff said...

Holy Moley!! You sewed all that!! You rock girl!! Shesh, I love your cards!! Have a great week Pam!!

LINDA said...

Beautiful card!! Love the sentiment, and all the sewing..
Very lovely..
Hugs, Linda

Shannan Teubner said...

This is gorgeous, Pam!! LOVE IT!

Emily said...

Whoa Pam! Drop dead gorgeous card!!!

Gayle said...

Thanks for the info on sewing Pam! Wow you have been blogging and creating cards like crazy! Beautiful, I love the patchwork look.

Jessica Diedrich said...

One of my favorite quotes and I am in awe of this gorgeous card! I am terrified of sewing and am always drooling over your cards w/ it!

Mary Fish said...

You stitched this? Incredible. This is so fun for me. Thanks for trying my MOJOMARY Sketch. Mary

CreativeMish said...

I love this sketch! I too wish I had time to do them all! Ok... so I bought a Janome sew mini last summer! I've used it twice. I tell you I'm not meant to sew! both times my thread bunched up and messed up the machine. It took me 20 minutes to untangle and I just got frustrated and put it back in the box. Maybe its time to get it out and try again??