August 02, 2009

Hoot Hoot Hooray ~ a Gift Card Holder!

. . . it's a FUN Gift Card Holder!


Have you seen this gift card holder design before? I'm sure there is a tutorial online somewhere and if I can find it, I will certainly add a link.

We made one like this at our last Stampin Up workshop and I think it's so clever! You start with a 4" x 12" piece of cardstock and score it to fold at 4" and 8". Then you have to score the center section on the diagonal and the fold is the tricky part. You have to get it just right to hold the gift card.

Isn't this owl paper a HOOT?! I found it the last time I was at Archivers in Omaha. It's by AdornIt ~ Fern Collection ~ Owls All Around. :) It coordinated perfectly with the Stampin Up tempting turquoise & pumpkin pie cardstock.

Here is a photo of the inside so you can see the diagonal fold that holds the gift card. Check out my "fake" gift card. It's actually my Hallmark gold card which I rarely use anymore. :) Our local mall had a beautiful Hallmark store and it's closing!

That's all for now folks! Thanks for stopping by! I hope your weekend is a real HOOT!
Smiles 2 U,




Quote for Today ~
A wise old owl sat on an oak; The more he saw the less he spoke; The less he spoke the more he heard; Why aren't we like that wise old bird? - unknown

9 comments:

Gayle@Mountain Moma said...

Just darling Pam, I learned a new trick today. The owl is so cute, I just adore them.

Christina Smith said...

So cute!

Sheri Gilson said...

Adorable project Pam!! Love the owls!

a portland granny said...

What a great idea....and so cute. I also like your quote of the day!

Gail S. said...

Really cute - I'm going to have to try to make one of these! Cute paper :)

Tami Bayer said...

Such a clever gift card holder, Pam. I feel so much closer now since I've been to your Archivers :)

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

Such a cute card and loove that paper!!!

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

I haven't seen this type of card holder before.

I think this is the same owl paper I picked up when I was at Archiver's in May. Ü

Linzy said...

I love that PP! Adorable! Super cute gift card holder-this is the first time I've seen one like that.