August 03, 2009

Congrats to Featured Stamper ~ Teresa Kline!


The Featured Stamper this week at Splitcoaststampers is one of my favorite bloggers ~ Teresa Kline from Enjoy the VA Sunshine! Her creations are incredible and she's so deserving of this special honor! The card I'm posting here today was totally inspired by this card in her gallery at Splitcoast.



I really love this design! Wouldn't it be a terrific way to use up small pieces of designer paper? My "stripes" are cut 1" x 2-1/2" but they could be smaller. I didn't realize it until I had them all cut and glued on, that they were not in proportion to her card design. Oh well, it worked and looks similar!

I don't play along in the Featured Stamper Challenge that often, but I really enjoy it when I do! It is such an inspiration to view the gallery of another stamper . . . especially one like talented Teresa! If you aren't familiar with this challenge, all you have to do is view the Splitcoast gallery of the FS and CASE one of her cards. There are a few guidelines for CASEing and the main thing is to give credit to the original designer. And, when making your card, be sure to change 2 or more details...such as the image, color combo, embellishments, etc.

Tomorrow, I'm going to Omaha, NE for an appointment with the dermatologist. Hopefully, they can tell me why my arm has been itching like CRAZY for the past 3 months! If not, I'm hoping they can at least give me something for relief! It's the strangest thing, no rash at all, just a burning, prickly annoying itch. . . and only on my right arm! Have you ever heard of such a thing? Just don't tell me you think I'm allergic to cardstock or spending too much time on the computer. . . although, I am beginning to wonder if that could be the reason! LOL :) The good news is that I have the day off work and I get to go SHOPPING at Archivers, Jo-Anns and Michaels after my appointment! Even better. . .I have COUPONS too! :)

Have a GREAT week everyone and be sure to stop back tomorrow to see what I've created for Mercy's Tuesday Sketch Challenge. I think you're going to like it! ;)

Smiles 2 U & Happy Stamping!




Quote for Today ~
Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day. ~Quoted in P.S. I Love You, compiled by H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

Supplies ~
Stamps: Hero Arts - Friendship Messages
Ink: Stampin Up night of navy, distress sponging with Versafine vintage sepia
Cardstock: Stampin Up - kraft; Basic Gray -Granola designer paper
Other: ribbon, brads, stitching

12 comments:

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

Oh love this Pam!!

mulberry station said...

Striking!! Very nice Pam.

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

great card! I haven't heard of your symptoms. Hope it's something simple to treat.

Have a great day shopping!

Arlana 11426 said...

A very fun way to use up scraps. Love it!!!

Linzy said...

GREAT way to use up those scraps of PP that I loved too much to throw away even the smallest piece of! TFS!

Sheri Gilson said...

Great card!! Not only a wonderful way to use up scraps but would work great for masculine cards.

Stampin_melissa said...

Great card! Love that it could be used as a masculine card.

Let us know what the doc says, I have a patch on top of my right foot that will burn for no apparent reason. I'm curious what they tell you.

Enjoy your shopping!

Crystal said...

Pam this is fantastic!

LeAnne said...

Love this, Pam! Great use of that Granola. I just love BG!

Nancy Riley said...

We cased the same va.sunshine card! Yours is FANTASTIC!!!!!! Love it, Pam!

Alex said...

This is fabulous Pam, I love this!! It's funny because I just popped over from Nancy's site and you all cased the same card, lol! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Mona Pendleton said...

Hope you heard good news Pam regarding your rash!? Very pretty card! I looove BG paper :) TFS