August 15, 2009

{WSC #93} Gratitude ~


I'm *SO* Grateful for my Weekends!


My last post was "It's All Black & White" and I could have titled this post "It's All BROWN & White". What's happened to my bright, colorful cards??? Next one, ok?

***** I must interrupt this post for a special NEWS FLASH***** The mailman just arrived at the front door with my recent purchase from Addicted to Rubber Stamps! ! ! Wooo Hooo! New rubbah is in da house! :) I haven't ordered from them for quite awhile, but last week they sent me a special offer I couldn't refuse. ;) Now, if you can believe this . . . I'm not going to open my package until I'm done with this post. I've always liked having something to look forward too. :)

Ok, back to today's card . . . created especially for Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge #93. It's just another fantastic layout and so fun to work with. The gratitude sentiment in the circle is from the Verve Stamp set ~ Beautiful You. This set has *so* many terrific quotes and I still haven't inked them all. Besides the Verve set, I've also used the flower from Stampin' Up's "Priceless" set. I got it out thinking I was going to use the swirls and decided on the flower instead.

The sentiment, the flower and the polka dots on the white cardstock were all stamped with Stazon Timber Brown and clear embossed. What do you use to emboss? I don't have many colors of embossing powder (black, silver, gold, white) so I always stamp it in colored ink and clear emboss. It works!
What are you all doing this weekend? We're having a BBQ here tonight with our son Andy & dil Jami. They've been BUSY and we haven't gotten together in awhile. I can't wait to hear all about Jami's new teaching job! Hubby wanted to try grilling some ribs for a change. And last night we dug a hill of new potatoes from the garden so we'll cook those on the grill too. Along with a lettuce salad with fresh tomatoes and cucumbers, I think dinner will be easy peasy with little prep time. Just the way I like it! ;)

Whatever you're doing this weekend. . . ENJOY!
Happy Stamping & Smiles 2 U my friends!






Quote for Today ~
I would maintain that thanks are the highest form of thought; and that gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder. ~G.K. Chesterton

Supplies ~
Stamps: Verve Stamps - Beautiful You; Stampin Up - Priceless, Polka Dot background
Ink: Stazon Timber Brown, clear embossing powder
Paper: Stampin Up chocolate chip & whisper white; Paper Studio - Butterflies-Foliage
Other: brown brad, twill ribbon, stitching with Janome Sew Mini

7 comments:

Sheri Gilson said...

Fabulous card Pam!! Love the yummy brown and the little bit of stitching is perfect.

Crystal said...

So beautiful Pam, love the brown and white...gorgeous!

Katie Skiff said...

I like something to look forward to, but to make new rubbah wait?! Ahhhh...

Super cute card...I like the mono - tone!!

Linzy said...

If I didn't have to work tonight I would have came to your house for supper! :) You're a strong woman being able to resist tearing into a package cont. new rubber! I admire you! Love your cards with just sentiments on the front as the main focus-I have troubles with those.
Hope your food was yummy...and you saved me some leftovers! ;)

a portland granny said...

Wonderful card! It is really quite strking as was the one in black and white!

Hope you have fun with your kids. I know you are all thrilled about the teaching job--they are hard to come by out here in Oregon. Teaching is a wonderful choice of professions. I loved everyday that I taught (30 yrs). I hope your DIL has a wonderful experience in her classroom!

thimbles bobbins paper and ink said...

Pam, I just love it. In fact, it is also perfect for my monochromatic challenge over at the stamp shack for this week's color challenge.

As always, lovely work.

Beate said...

Pam,
I am always so excited when I see you had time to play in the challenge. I LOVE your work.
Your card looks great. You know I LOVE this. So much chocolate on one card has to be beautiful! LOVE the stitching.
Hugs and smiles