August 10, 2009

My Friend ~

Thank You for Being My Friend...



Don't you love this sweet image? I do! And thanks to my special friend Jennifer (Inkinupstamps) from the Stamp Shack, I have a few images now! :) This stamp is from Jennifer's local stamp store, Heather's Stamping Haven in Ottawa, Ontario and she said it is one of Heather's original designs. WoW! I wish I could shop in that store!

This pretty designer paper is one of my new favorites from Basic Grey ~ Lemonade. I even bought the buttons to match it, although I didn't use one here. I felt like this image speaks for itself so kept it very simple.

I've colored the image with Copic markers and since I only have a few colors it was a challenge to get it to coordinate with the background paper. I think it looks better in real life than here on the screen. Oh well. :)

This was my Sunday evening project and I was *trying* to set Blogger to post this in the morning rather than have two posts today. Obviously, it didn't work! I notice it shows Monday's date, but it's already on my blog. Whatever! :)

Wishing you all a Happy Monday and a *wonderful* week! I'll be back tomorrow with another card for Mercy's Tuesday Sketch Challenge! Hint: watermelon! :)

Smiles 2 U!




Quote for Today ~
When we honestly ask ourselves which person in our lives mean the most to us, we often find that it is those who, instead of giving advice, solutions, or cures, have chosen rather to share our pain and touch our wounds with a warm and tender hand. The friend who can be silent with us in a moment of despair or confusion, who can stay with us in an hour of grief and bereavement, who can tolerate not knowing, not curing, not healing and face with us the reality of our powerlessness, that is a friend who cares. ~Henri Nouwen

12 comments:

LINDA said...

This is simply adorable.. Love the DP you have used. And this image is just wonderful..Fantastic coloring..
Hugs, Linda

Sheri Gilson said...

Pam, this card is adorable. I love this image. great job!!

Tenia Nelson said...

What a wonderful card!! tfs!!

mulberry station said...

Oh Pam, this is such a sweet card. It is always nice to have a good friend. What a sweet image. have a good week.

Gail S. said...

Pam - I liked both the "friends" card and the B/W Happy Birthday card. I always have to use a sketch when starting a card, it makes creating sooo much easier. Have a great week - Gail S.

Arlana 11426 said...

oh Pam this cards is just so sweet and adorable. I love that image and the way you did everything. So SWEET!!!

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

I love this friend image! Great coloring and love the paper you chose.
Where do you get all your inspiration for your quotes for the day? I love this one on friendship!

LINDA said...

I have something for you on my blog..
Hugs, Linda

Linzy said...

Super sweet, Pam. BTW-I think your coloring loos great. :)

CreativeMish said...

What an adorable image! I love it! I want one of those cute little pink polka dot dresses!~

Gayle said...

Oh my gosh, I do love this stamp! The friends are even "middle age" looking from the behind! :) And the colors are wonderful Pam. I love the little tie on the side. Perfect!

Laura Evangeline said...

Oh, you know I love that paper too! :-)