Have you tried this idea for a FUN swap with a stampin friend? Read on and I'll explain...
This is the second one-on-one card challenge that I've done with Donna (craftingcrazy) in Oregon. It was her original idea and it is SO FUN! She started it all by putting together a packet of card supplies with a few "rules" for each of us to follow. We each made a card using the same supplies and then when done, we sent our creations to each other. Does this make sense?
Below is a photo of the supplies I sent her a month ago. Last weekend, we both finished our cards and put them in the mail on Monday. Yesterday, she received my card and today I received hers and it is AWESOME! Please check back tomorrow and I will post photos of both of our cards so you can see how different they are, even though we used all the same items. :)
Donna & Pam’s 1:1 Card Challenge "Rules":
We can optionally use: ( in addition, to create uniqueness)
1) one punch
2) one additional embellishment (ribbon, brad, eyelets, etc)
3) one image stamp or stamp set
4) any means of adding a sentiment to the front (i.e. pc, rub-on words, stamp)
5) we have to use ALL items in the packet, but not in it’s entirety
6) we can alter the foldover card as long as the finish size doesn’t change.
7) we can use any tool to add visual effects (i.e. piercing tool, stylus for dry embossing, sponging, and small hole punches such as 1/8” & 1/16” don’t count as your one punch in #1.
8) we can use any ink pads, markers or colored pencils
9) we must use items in our current inventory - we can't go buy anything! (dang!) LOL
10) Most important... NO STRESS! NO DEADLINE! Just have FUN!!!
If you want to see photos of our first 1:1 card challenge, you will find them HERE.