January 22, 2012

Happy 60th Birthday!


Thankfully, it's not my 60th Birthday...yet!  ;)  This week we celebrated my hubby's 60th and one of our dear friend's 60th birthday too!   So, today I'm sharing the "custom" cards I made for each of them using my Cricut machine and the Plantin Schoolbook cartridge. 

This one is Jim's (aka Mr Wonderful).  I used Kraft cardstock and a rustic striped designer paper. On top of this I layered on a piece of brown cardstock embossed with the woodgrain folder.   The numbers 6-0 were cut out with the Cricut and embellished a little.


 

 Here's me and the "Birthday Boy" . . .


Now, I want to show you the 60th birthday card I made for my special friend . . .


You can't go wrong with black and white, can you?   I've used black and white baker's twine, rhinestones and a white pearl button to embellish this one.  The numbers are popped up with dimensionals to add depth.   The "celebrate" sentiment is from the Stampin' Up! set All About U.  I stamped it in Versafine black and clear embossed.  It just gives it a nice shiney look!

 

Phew, that was a LOT of photos! 

As always, I'm so happy you stopped by
and your comments mean so much to me too!  ♥

Have a wonderful week! 


~ Quote for Today ~
from Pinterest


9 comments:

Sue from Oregon said...

Great cards Pam!

Gail S. said...

Both are terrific cards! Do you find making masculine cards hard at times??? I sure do! I also LOVE the quote again today....so true. May have to write that one down in my journal!!

Lu Holt said...

Love your cards Pam! Super cute...can I say that for a guys card?
You are awesome!

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

Awesome guy card! Happy Birthday to your mister wonderful!

Wanda Cullen said...

Fabulous masculine cards! LOVE the huge numbers but...(crying softly here)...I don't own a Cricut. Great idea to insert the sentiment tag under the number and the little tag and paper clippy embellie is so sweet! If you make another feminine version of 60, you can send it to me in April - LOL! Sad to say, I'll be hitting those numbers on the 12th.

Marisa said...

Love each card! Wonderful work with the masculine touches!! The big numbers are great :)

Karen Motz said...

These are both so fabulous!!! LOVE those big numbers!!! Happy birthday to both of them!!!!

Thanh Vo said...

Happiest birthday to your dear husband and your friend, Pam! Love both of your milestone cards.

Marian Garcia, Studio M said...

Love this Pam! xo, Marian