April 15, 2007

My Inspiration Today { Taylored Expressions }


My inspiration for this card came from Taylored Expressions: Do you want this? Taylor made and posted her fabulous card in February and I just happened to be the lucky recipient! (click on the link to see her card that inspired mine)

Ever since receiving it, I've had it displayed on the shelf above my stampin table. I simply *love* this color combination of brown and turquoise. Don't you?

It was a bit of a challenge for me to come up with my own design. I guess it's because I loved her card *so* much that I didn't want to change it in anyway! So, I started by stamping the background (Stampin' Up - Paisley) like she did and distressed it some. (If you've been reading my blog for awhile, you know that the distressed look isn't something I do very often. It just doesn't come easy for me to "mess" up my work! ; ) I've had the Stampin' Up! Designer Label kit for months and haven't used it much, so it was time. To layer around it, I cut two rectangular pieces and punched the corners of the outside one with the ticket corner punch.

Other supplies used: Scalloped giga square punch (taped two of them together for the rectangular shape behind the flower). Flower is from the Stampin' Up! Heartfelt Thanks set. Cardstock is SU Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip, Cool Caribbean, Taken with Teal. Slot punch was used to attach the flower piece with a brad.

4 comments:

Sharon in NE said...

For someone who is so neat and tidy, I bet it WAS hard to "smear a little ink" here and there, but it looks wonderful. You're a pro.

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Yes, I LOVE that color combo! Love your card!

Taylor said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Pam! Thanks for sharing your card!

Anonymous said...

This is a great card! I love Taylor's work, but your interpretation is just wonderful, too! Thanks for sharing!