April 11, 2007

{ Birthday Blessings } for a Friend


One of my friends at work has a birthday tomorrow so I made her this card last night. She and her family vacationed in Hawaii last year and she can't wait to go back, so I thought she would like this pretty decorative paper by The Paper Studio titled "Surfer Girl Hibiscus". Isn't that a great name? I noticed that the colors are a little funky in this photo. The light and dark pinks in the papers really do blend...and the ribbon too! :)
Since the base cardstock is so dark (chocolate brown), I cut a piece of pixie pink the same as the front and attached it on the inside for the sentiment. It reads: "It's the life in your years, not the years in your life that counts." - Abraham Lincoln

5 comments:

Sharon in NE said...

What a fun card! I love the combination of hibiscus and polka dots.

Jami Speidel said...

Good one! Love the pp!

Jacqueline said...

These are 'my' colours... love the beautiful pp and layout - wonderful card!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

OH, I love the patterned paper! The color combo is great too!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card!