July 04, 2009

{WSC87} God Bless America!


Happy 4th of July!

We had the BEST time last night at a spectacular "Red, White & Blue Luau" hosted by our sweet DIL Jami and son Andrew. Jami is an awesome cook and she had authentic Hawaiian foods that were scrumptious! She down-played the fact that it was her 27th birthday and went to sooo much effort to make it a FUN, FUN evening...complete with pina coladas topped with cute umbrellas! :) Not only all that, but we celebrated with a spectacular fireworks show too! GOOD TIMES!!

It was late when we got home, but I was feeling patriotic and had this great card idea in my head for the Weekend Sketch Challenge hosted by Charmaine of Oodabug Alley fame. I was up WAY past my bedtime, but I made up for it this morning and slept in. :)



As for the card, I used the sentiment from the Stampin Up "God Bless America" set. First, I tried using the flag and punching circles out of it, but just didn't care for the flag cut up. So, I remembered these star buttons in my stash and went with them instead. I punched out the 1-1/4" circles, sewed the button on, and pop-dotted them onto the card. A little random stitching and distressing with Vintage Sepia ink, some ribbon tied on and wala! Oh, and the red cardstock piece was embossed with the Cuttlebug Script. It needed something, but I wasn't sure what. :)
It was a very BUSY and stressful week at work, but I'm HAPPY to say that I'm on VACATION now until the 13th. YaY!!! We don't have any major plans, but I've got quite a list of things I want to accomplish. One of my intentions is to get a few of my new stamps inky and cut into a few of these cool new designer paper pads! Stay tuned! :)

What are you doing to celebrate the 4th of July? I would love to hear about it! Whatever you're doing... be safe, have FUN and ENJOY every minute! God Bless U and your family all the military personel and their families. I'm so grateful for all their sacrifices for our FREEDOM!

Smiles,



Quote for Today ~

You have to love a nation that celebrates its independence every July 4, not with a parade of guns, tanks, and soldiers who file by the White House in a show of strength and muscle, but with family picnics where kids throw Frisbees, the potato salad gets iffy, and the flies die from happiness. You may think you have overeaten, but it is patriotism. ~Erma Bombeck

10 comments:

Nancy Riley said...

It's meant to be! ... the best 4th of July card I've seen this year from the gal who lives in the best place to be on the 4th of July! Pam, your card is PERFECT in every way! What I wouldn't do to be in Nebraska today!

EnchantingStamping said...

You're right! They are so alike. I love yours, the star buttons are perfect.

Sue from Oregon said...

Great card!

Linzy said...

The CB embossing you did looks stunning on this card. Excellant!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Pam, this is awesome! I LOVE that Cuttlebugging! Thanks for playing with the sketch!

Tanja said...

This is a great card! And I'm next to Norfolk, VA!

LeAnne said...

Awesome card! What is that navy cardstock? I love it! The whole thing is super! Your little scuba guy is cute, too!

Janelle Stollfus said...

Sweet, sweet, sweet card! It's so well put together with the colors, embellies...oh just awesome.

Cathrine said...

Pam - this is a lovely card. Just perfect!

Unknown said...

Hi Pam,
I can't believe I have never come across your blog before!! LOVE IT! Love all of your wonderful cards! If it wasn't so late I would start a project of my own....You have inspired me! I will be visiting your site often!
Kim