July 19, 2009

Check out my Catty & Caddy "Find" of the Day!


In Friday's post, I mentioned to you that I was going "junkin" with my sister Susie on Saturday. As always, we have a great time going to garage sales and love the thrill of finding a bargain...whether we *need* it or not! :)


We haven't gone together much this summer, but we both will stop at sales now and then if we get a chance. We're always on the lookout for things for each other and then when we do get together we usually have "gifts" to share. Such was the case yesterday. . . I took her some Little Golden books and she brought me a sack with misc rubber stamps, pads and embossing powder! :)


I'm sure many of you are cat lovers and if you are, I applaud you. We've always had dogs and they're part of the family! But, when growing up, our dear and wonderful Dad, did NOT like cats and sad to say, it may have rubbed off on us too. I'm telling you all this to give you a little insight into my warped sense of humor. I created this card especially to thank Susie for the goodies she gave me. . . even the CAT stamp! ;)


I was having a tough time trying to think up some sentiments for the card so I went to the one source that always comes through . . . my dear creative friends at the STAMP SHACK! Omg, they cracked me up with some of their suggestions! Such as . . .


  • Every life should have 9 cats

  • If you want the best seat in the house, move the cat

  • Cats rule, dogs drool

  • Are you talkin' to me?

  • Whatever!

  • Have a Purrrfect Day!

  • You're the Cat's Pajamas!

  • Don't look at me, the dog did it!

  • Mousework! Me? I don't think so!

  • Hope you're "Feline" better!

  • What do cats eat for breakfast? Mice Krispies!
  • Some days you're the cat, some days you're the sandbox! :)

The sentiment I used on the inside was one I found online at Viva Las Vegas stamps. . .


Now, onto my other bargains of the day . . . Check out this awesome NEW Pampered Chef utensil caddy that I found for only $3.00!!! I wonder what these beauties sell for new? I'll bet they're not cheap! Anyway, I just knew it would make a super duper Copic marker holder. And, as you can see, there is plenty of room for more markers!! Yes! :)


Susie bought a LOT of books again, but I really didn't find much else to speak of. The weather was perfect and we had such a great time!

If you creative gals have any cat humor sentiments to add to this list, please email me or leave them in the comments. If I get some more good ones, I may just have to make another CAT card! LoL! :)
Oh, do you see the COW stamp in the photo above? What am I going to do with that one? I guess I need to put out a plea for cow sayings too! :)

It's another perfectly glorious summer day here so I better get outside and enjoy it! Thanks for stopping by! Smiles 2 U!


Quote for Today ~
The cat could very well be man's best friend but would never stoop to admitting it. ~Doug Larson


Supplies ~
Stamps: All Night Media ~ Lucky the Cat; sentiments are pc generated
Ink: Versafine onyx black, clear embossing powder
Paper: Stampin Up basic black, confetti; designer paper by the Paper Studio
Other: black organdy ribbon, black brad, stitching with Janome Sew Mini

8 comments:

Sheri Gilson said...

Great card Pam! I love the Black, Cream, & white combo. The stitching is a perfect touch.

Great find~enjoy your new goodies! :D

Tenia Nelson said...

Super cute card!! tfs!!

Christina Smith said...

That is SOOO cute!! I have a black and white cat, so I'm loving it!

Sue from Oregon said...

great card Pam...and a PC turn thingie...how lucky you are!

CreativeMish said...

What a fabulous find! I love those pampered chef thingies. I have one with all of my paint brushes and one with markers etc on my scrap table! LOVE THEM!!

This card is adorable

Thanh Vo said...

Awesome $3 find there Pam!

Paula Barin said...

Adore the cat card. Fabulous catty too, great for storing all your copics.

LeAnne said...

I LOVE this cat image---we have a cat, but do you think I have one single cat stamp.....NO! So if you ever feel it's outlived its usefulness, I'd be willing to take it off your hands. I love to go yardsaling with my sister (and DH too) although she is the QUEEN. She can sniff out a bargain like nobody else===but it does look as if you guys did really well! That utensil holder was a bargain. Liked the cow stamp too--you have a great eye!! :D
LeAne