July 09, 2009

{Color Throwdown #50} Face it!



What do you think of THIS Color Throwdown Challenge?! Yikes! But, I guess that's why they call it a challenge, huh? ;)

This week's color challenge is hosted by the talented Broni Holcombe. Be sure to blog over and look at her fantastic watercolor creation. It's gorgeous! Honestly, it's amazing how these three colors could be so pretty together!
On to my card...first of all, I pulled out the appropriate cardstock colors of kiwi kiss, tempting turquoise and real red. Ugh! Then I remembered some bright, wild designer paper I had purchased at Archiver's with these bold colors. Yes! Saved again! :)
Btw, this wild paper is by Basic Grey ~ from the Lime Rickey line. Love it!
And you all know that I can't resist these "kid's quotes" stamps by Inkadinkado. I have a few of the wood mounted ones, but when I was at Archivers on Monday, I found a set of 9 clear stamps for only $10.99. That's a bargain when you consider the wood stamps are around $8 or $9 each.


One of the projects on my list of things I want to accomplish this week is to start scanning all our old family slides. I bought the scanner last December and it's still sitting here. I think once I get started, it will be a joy to see them all again.
Better get a move on it here! Have a FUN-tastic day!
Smiles,
Quote for Today ~
It's not who you are that holds you back, it's who you think you're not. ~Author Unknown

10 comments:

Michele Kovack said...

What a fun card! Love the bright colors! And that saying.....how true it is!

LINDA said...

Darling card..Love the paper you used.. so bright and cheerfull..Cute sentiment too.
Hugs, Linda

Sheri Gilson said...

Pam, what a fun card! I love the bright cheerful colors and the adorable sentiment. You did a great job with the challenge.

Arlana 11426 said...

What a fun adrorable bright and fun card. That sentiment is great!!!

Broni said...

LOL! I'm so glad I presented you with such a challenge!! Your card turned out perfectly! I LOVE that paper and that's one of the best sentiments I've seen in a long time!! Thanks for playing along! And thanks for the kind compliment!

CreativeMish said...

I read this and giggled a little! Its so true!! I love that fun background paper!

Sue from Oregon said...

oh what a fun card and good to know that the sayings now come unmounted!

LeAnne said...

Yeah, Broni's colors threw me off at first too---but look what you created!! I LOVE these sentiments, now maybe since you've found them in clear, I'll be able to get them!!! They always make me smile!

Stamp and Smile said...

WOW... you know how to put DPs together and make then look FANTASTIC! The sentiment is darling... TFS! :)

Barbara said...

Doesn't look like it was much of a challenge to you at all!!! I love the boldness of this card! Thanks for playing the Throwdown!