July 12, 2009

{SFYTT} When Life Throws You a Curve Ball. . .

SWING!

Today I'm playing along in yet another sketch challenge?! What has gotten into me lately with all this stamping and blogging?! :) It really helps that I've had some time off work this week to relax and enjoy my favorite hobby! I could get use to this! :)

Today's card is for a "Sketch for You to Try" {SFYTT} by Jen del Muro of iheart2stamp fame. I really like this layout, but I'm not so sure that I care for it with my two main images. Some of the other cards I've seen using this sketch have used a piece of cardstock on the left as a backdrop for the main image on the right. Anyway, is mine too busy? Or is it the buttons that don't belong? What else could I put there? Wads of chewing gum? LOL...just kidding.... I guess I'm just not feelin' it with this one. :)

As for the card details ~ the paper is by Basic Grey. The sentiment stamp is one of the "kids quotes" by Inkadinkadoo and the Changito Monkey "Play Ball" batter is by Stampendous. I've done some random stitching around the outside edge and zigzag stitched the layers. Stampin Up linen thread is what I've tied on the buttons and images.


This afternoon I finally got my new slide scanner installed and started scanning some of our old family slides from the 60's and 70's. Oh my gosh, are there ever some classics! We've got a large tote full of hundreds of slides so this will be a slow tedious process, but it will certainly bring back some great memories and give us a good laugh too! Ok, do you wanna see just one? I'll warn you...it's hilarious! (see below...hidden under my quote of the day) LOL!


Thanks for stopping by today! Happy Hi to all my faithful followers...you know who you are! :) Love your kind words of encouragement and personal messages. Hugs & Smiles 2 U All!






Quote for Today ~

After God created the world, He made man and woman. Then, to keep the whole thing from collapsing, He invented humor. ~Bill Kelly


This isn't the best photo and my photo editing software didn't want to touch it. ha ha
You'll get the general idea and still see the humor in it. Check out those PLAID pants my hubby is wearing!! :) But then, my green PANTSUIT isn't much better. Gotta love the styles of the 70's!!! LOL :)

13 comments:

Paula Barin said...

Very cute card. I love the sentiment, brought a smile to my face.

CreativeMish said...

LOL! Love the 70's photo!

Your card is awesome! I love the sentiment.... I've got to go find one of these somewhere.....

Gail S. said...

Cute card - I love the paper and the sentiment! Also, love your 70's picture!! The plaid pants are so fun. I love watching the Game Show Network when they have game shows from the 70's and seeing the outfits, hairstyles,and glasses!!

Nancy Jo said...

I don't think you've ever posted a card I didn't like! This card is great. I love those sentiment stamps.

LINDA said...

Darling card.. Love the cute little image and the sentiment.Love the photo..How well I remember the 70's..Think my hubby had some pants like that too.LOL..
Hugs, Linda

Sheri Gilson said...

Adorable card Pam! Love the Changito image with that sentiment. Great Job.

Love the pic too! :D

Lesa said...

I am back! I can't believe I have missed you all this time. I just perused your latest posts and am as usual in total AWE of your wonderous talent and spirit Pam. :)

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

Your card is adorable and the photo brings a smile to my face.

sweetbloominscraps said...

Love your little monkey, buttons and paper! Darling card! Thanks for sharing!

a portland granny said...

I so like that card....and I especially like the verse. I must go to that website and look through their things.

Loved the picture--I remember my first pant suit--it was exciting. We were allowed to teach in them!! If we didn't wear a dress or skirt, then pants were acceptable if they were a pants suit. They were sooooo liberating. As we bent over the little desks, our stocking tops hooked to our garter belts no longer showed!! (panty hose hadn't been invented yet!

Thanks for the walk down memory lane. Your pantsuit opened up a flood of memories!!

DoxieGirl said...

oh my good heavens, is this cute! love that cute little chimp with that super sweet sentiment! great job with the sketch!
~Kendra

DoxieGirl said...

oh my good heavens, is this cute! love that cute little chimp with that super sweet sentiment! great job with the sketch!
~Kendra

LeAnne said...

Great card--made me smile, but then, the slide did too! We thought we were cool back then, right?!