July 17, 2009

{MoJo Monday #94} Doing the Hula Happy Dance!


Yes, I'm doing the "Hula Happy Dance" and I'll tell you why . . .



My "Life is Just a Bowl of Cherries" card that I entered in the MoJo Monday contest last week was selected as one of the MoJo-est! :)


There were 500 entries and 7 of us lucky stampers won our choice of stamp set from Verve Stamps! Woo Hoo!! This will be my very first Verve stamp set! In case you're wondering I chose Beautiful You.



The sketch last week was fantastic, as always, and all the entries were mojo-rific! Be sure to blog on over there and check them out! You'll be inspired!


Now, onto today's MoJo Monday creation . . .

As you can see, it's another great sketch to work with ~ thanks to the MoJo maker herself ~Julee Tilman of Poetic Artistry!

The hula mice stamp is an old favorite of mine from Great Impressions and I've colored it with Copic markers. The palm trees background paper is by the Paper Studio and I've layered it on Stampin Up wild wasabi. The cute little aloha stamp on the tag was stamped in Versafine vintage sepia and clear embossed. This stamp isn't labeled and I honestly don't remember where I got it . . . maybe in Hawaii. ;)

TGIF!!! Thankfully, the work week went fast and it wasn't nearly as hectic as the week before vacation. Tomorrow I'm going "junkin" with my sister Susie and really looking forward to it as we haven't gone much this year. I think I may have told you we are both collectors and have way more STUFF than we'll ever need. But, we love bargains at garage sales and the thrill of the hunt. Our motto is "you just never know"! :) . . . meaning we might find some lost treasure out there that was meant for us. ha ha

Whatever you have planned for the weekend . . . ENJOY! Thanks so much for stopping by and for listening to me brag about my big win! I often wish that I could respond directly to the comments you leave here on my blog because they really do brighten my day and make me SMILE!




Quote for Today ~

You can dance anywhere, even if only in your heart. ~Author Unknown

5 comments:

Michele Kovack said...

This is such a cute card!

CreativeMish said...

What an adorable card! Congrats on the Verve win! I love their stamps...

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

Darling card! Definitely makes ya smile. Ü

Congratulations again on your win. I love the set you picked.

Arlana 11426 said...

congetas . This is just so sweet. Love the hula girls!!!!

Sheri Gilson said...

Great Mojo Card~love the hula mice!

Congrats on last weeks win!!! :D