July 28, 2009

{Mercy's Tuesday Sketch #32} Appreciate What Is!

I'm SO HAPPY to announce that Mercy Kerin is back
with her weekly sketch challenges!!
Not only that, she has asked ME to be part of her design team!


Mercy of Lord Have Mercy fame is one of my stamping idols! Needless to say, I am thrilled to join her team of designers known as...


It's such an honor to be in the company of these gals and I want to encourage you to visit their blogs to see what they've done with this week's Tuesday Sketch Challenge! You'll be amazed and inspired, I assure you!



Here they are . . . Mercy's Muses ~

Cindy Haffner
Pam Varnell
Julie Lacey
Crystal Birr
Jackie Pedro
Jessica Diedrich
Pam Speidel (me) :)


As for my card, I don't often use the color red. I must have subconsiously used the color in Mercy's sketch photo. The flower vine is from the Stampin Up "Thoughts and Prayers" set and the sentiment "appreciate what is" came from a Hero Arts set. I've inked the vine stamp direct to the rubber with my Stampin Up watercolor markers to get the two colors. This is stamped on the naturals ivory cardstock and the edges have been sponged with Versafine vintage sepia ink. I've used an assortment of designer papers by K and Company and teamed them up with Stampin Up ruby red cardstock. I'm not so sure that I care for the green ribbon on this card, but I didn't have any red ribbon that was even close to coordinating. What do you think? I'm always open to suggestions.


Happy Stamping my friends and Smiles 2 U!




Quote for Today ~
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. ~Alice Roosevelt Longworth

20 comments:

Unknown said...

pam...this is simply stunning....stunning! every little detail is exquisite...from the ribbon, the button, the stitching...it all just sings! what an amazing sample!

thanks for being one of my muses...you have been such an encouragement to me, and i am so happy to have you design for me!

{{{hugs}}}
mercy

Jackie Pedro said...

Pam, this is gorgeous!!! You should red all the time!! Love the stitching!!

Pam Varnell said...

Wow Pam, this is gorgeous. Love everything about this card, especially the stitching. Great color combo too. Just beautiful!!

a portland granny said...

Wonderful card. I am going to order that set! I love the delicate look of the branch and flowers.

Julie said...

Beautiful, Pam! So glad to have you as part of the team! LOVE your sample, the colors are just gorgeous!

Cindy Haffner said...

Gorgeous Pam, I love it.

Jessica Diedrich said...

WOW! This is beautiful, Pam! I love the vintage green/red DP and the beautiful stitching! That stamp is gorgeous, too! You rocked our first challenge and I'm so happy to be working with you!

Anonymous said...

Yikes!! Why don't you use red much because this is just gorgeous!! I love all the stitching and fab DP!! I am so excited to be on the team with you!

Sheri Gilson said...

Fabulous card!! Love the sketch and the colors. Congrats on the new DT postion!

mulberry station said...

what a beautiful card Pam. It is stunning. Your cards are always gorgeous!

Nancy Riley said...

Congratulations, Pam! YOU are the perfect fit for Mercy's design team! Your card proves it! ... FABULOUS!!!!!! The stitching is remarkable!

Shannan Teubner said...

This is gorgeous!! I love the stitching!

Arlana 11426 said...

Congrats on the New DT. Your card is so SWEET as always.

Katie Skiff said...

WOW...just beauitful. Glad I found you and get only hope some of this beauty rubs off on my cards! WOW!! I said that already huh? LOL

Julie Ranae said...

Great card and love the shading on this. Came by way of Mona at Cupcake's Creations. Glad I did. Hope you will stop by the Open Window, say hello and follow along!

Unknown said...

Beautiful card, Pam! Red is definitely your color! :-)

Thanh Vo said...

Congratulations, Mrs. Pam! :) The card is great work and I can see why you were asked to be apart of the team. Well done.

Linzy said...

CONGRATULATIONS, Pam! I know you will do SUPER as a member of the design team! You always do great with sketches. Personally, I love the pop of color the green ribbon adds. :)

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

Beautiful! I love the sentiment.

Unknown said...

Totally stunning!
Viv xx