July 08, 2009

{Sweet Sketch #5} Announcing . . .

. . . SWEET SKETCH WEDNESDAY CHALLENGE!


Sweet Sketch Wednesday is a FUN new sketch challenge created and hosted by Arlana at Sweetberry Designs.

In addition to Arlana, there are 7 fabulous design team members who participate and share their creations as a terrific source of inspiration for all of you! Well, let's make that 8 design team members! Yes! Arlana has invited me to join the team and this is my first "official" week to participate. :)

The sketches are so detailed and motivate me to think outside my norm. Also, as is the case this week. . . I may be using my neglected Spellbinder die shapes more often, not to mention all the other stamps and embellishments around here! :)

You're all invited to participate and can post a link to your cards using the handy dandy Mr. Linky. Just blog on over to Sweet Sketch Wednesday to be inspired by all the wonderful creations!

I want to say thank you so much to Arlana and the other DT members for the warm hearted welcome! It's my pleasure and a real honor to create alongside all of you! Let me introduce my super creative stamping friends:

Stephanie ~ Handmade Creations


Is it really Wednesday already?! My vacation is going too too fast! I've been checking things off my "To-Do" list...car service, annual dr appt, puppy nails trimmed, weed garden, relax with a good book... :) My list is now down to the things that I need MW (Mr Wonderful) to help me with...or just do! We need new steps & railing on the deck, wash windows, etc. You know, I think he prefers it when I'm working full-time! :)

Oops! I almost forgot to give you a little info about my card. The stamp set is by Stampin Up ~ "Blossoms Abound" and I've used the oval Spellbinder dies to cut out the image and frame. The cardstock is Stampin Up old olive along with K & Company designer paper. It's from the Brenda Walton Madeline line of gorgeous florals. You'll notice I added some stitching and felt flowers and brads to embellish. Hope you like it!

Have a GREAT week and do what makes you SMILE!




Quote for Today ~

A friend is one of the nicest things you can have, and one of the best things you can be. ~Douglas Pagels

13 comments:

Sheri Gilson said...

Pam, your card is fabulous! I just love the rich colors, grape image, and the wonderful stitching! :D

Rose said...

Your card is so beautiful! The color and the detail are just perfect!

Kelly Mahany said...

Pam, welcome to the team! You are going to be an awesome addition! I love what I see on your blog and your first challenge card with us is very FAB!!!

sweetbloominscraps said...

Pam, I love your pink lilac....Blossom Around is one of my favorite sets. I am a hot pink gal so I was really drawn to your card. Beautiful card!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Beautiful card, Pam! I love that bright pink against that pretty green!

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

Pam,
This card is just beautiful and I can't wait to work with you.

mulberry station said...

I just love this stamp set....I couldn't believe we used the same set either when Arlana told me the other night. Your's turned out darling. I love it in the pink and green.

Arlana 11426 said...

Oh Pam I love your card . It so fun in the pink and green . Thanks for being part of this wonderful team!!! I didnt know you owned a VW bug too!!! How fun!!!

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

This is absolutely gorgeous!

CreativeMish said...

Very pretty!

Cathrine said...

Congratulations on your design team - Its well deserved. Your card is just lovely.

smallcity said...

Love your card, the colors are so pretty together. Great job.

congratulations on the design team.

smallcity

Stamp and Smile said...

You are such a breath to fresh air when looking at your cards! LOVE the stitching and warm colors... TFS PAM! :)