July 04, 2009

{Sweet Sketch #4} It's Time To Celebrate!


You are all going to wonder what has gotten into me with TWO posts in one day! :) Well, it's a nice quiet, relaxing holiday with nothing much going on here until the local BIG BANG BOOM fireworks tonight!

Our weather is unseasonably cool and cloudy today so I've just stayed indoors stamping and blogging away! I'll admit that your SWEET comments on my last card have motivated me. Thank U so much!

One of the comments was from Arlana from Sweet Sketch Wednesday and she invited me over to check out her sketch challenge blog. WoW! I was totally inspired by her and her Design Team's incredible patriotic creations! They are all just FANTASTIC!

This layout was perfect for my little patriotic Biker Bee by Stampendous. I stamped the image with Versafine onyx black and colored it with a combination of Copic markers and Prismacolor pencils. The distressing was done with Versafine vintage sepia. I did change up the layout a little by placing the ribbon above the sentiment instead of below. I stitched on the sentiment before I realized it was too low to place the ribbon underneath. Oh well! In case you're wondering, the little sentiment is from the Stampin Up set ~ "A Little Birdie Told Me". Ever since I created my notebook with all my stamp sets, it's so much easier to find a stamp when I need it. I don't have any 4th of July sentiments, but knew there must be something in my arsenal that would work! :)

I'm not going into great detail so if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask! I think most bloggers quickly view the photos and don't read all the riff raff anyway. Am I right? ;)

What a wondeful way to celebrate this INDEPENDENCE day!



I'm glad you stopped by! Happy 4th!

Another Quote 4 U Today ~
May the sun in his course visit no land more free, more happy, more lovely, than this our own country! ~Daniel Webster

13 comments:

Arlana 11426 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Arlana 11426 said...

Pam I was trying to find and e-mail. But it went to outlook express and I can't open that. Your card is simply sweet and so adorable. Love that stamp you used. I really love your style and have been looking through your blog. I am interested in asking you to be on our design team. I believe your cards would fit in great with our cards. Please e-mail me at sweetberrydesigns@hotmail.com. Let me know what ya think. Your designs are just so sweet!!! TFS

7/4/09 4:34 PM

Denise Marzec said...

Oh TOTALLY cool card...LOVE every single detail!!

mulberry station said...

This is an absolutely adorable card. I love it!! Thanks for joining us @ SSW.

Sheri Gilson said...

Pam, your card is adorable! Love the sweet bee image. Welcome to SSW's DT!!!

Linzy said...

Super cute, Pam. I LOVE your "messy" stiches and think you have perfected the look.

Nancy Riley said...

ANOTHER spectacular Americana creation! Hope your fireworks didn't get rained out tonight. Thanks for the ribbon share order, Pam! Happy 4th to you and your family!

Rose said...

Love your card Pam! Welcome to the Sweet Sketch Wednesday Design Team!

Unknown said...

Wow, congrats on making DT. I'll be checking out Sweet Sketch Wednesday and your fabby designs!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

CreativeMish said...

What a sweet card! I love these cute little bee's!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

I just LOVE this red, white and blue card, Pam! Absolutely adorable! Hope you had a wonderful 4th!

Liz Weber said...

Love your card Pam - excellent colour combo and love the little touch of sewing! Welcome to the SSW DT!

Stamp and Smile said...

Love our Independence day cards!! Very sweet and perfect for this special day... AWESOME details!! And your stitching is FANTASTIC on every card I've seen so far... a master at it!! Have a super weekend girl!! :)