July 06, 2009

{MoJo Monday #94} Life is Just a Bowl of Cherries!



What do you think the idiom "Life is Just a Bowl of Cherries" means?

I've always thought it meant we have to take the bad with the good (or good with the bad :) Some say it means life is simple, pleasant and carefree, but I've often heard this phrase used ironically too. :) Anyway, it's a cute saying and you can take it however you want! ; )

Today has been a BUSY day...in a GOOD way! Have a mentioned that I'm on VACATION this week? Well, sort of. I got up early and went into work for about an hour to run the production reports for last week and then I drove down to Omaha to do some shopping. Really, my "excuse" for going was to take my VW Beetle into the dealership for a recalled brake light switch. How convenient that they are located right across the street from the Westroads Mall! :) And, no trip to Omaha is complete without stopping at Michaels and Archivers too! Which leads me right into this new stamp set...

It is a small little clear set by Basic Grey that I found in the $1.99 Spot at Archivers. First, I tried coloring direct to the stamp with my Stampin Up watercolor markers, but it stamped funky. Is there a secret to doing this with acrylic stamps? It works well with rubber stamps. So anyway, I just stamped the image in brown and colored the leaves and cherries with markers. I've also used a drop of red Stickles on the cherries to give them some sparkle and dimension.

The designer papers are all from a K & Company 4x6 Mat Pad ~ Citronella. It's full of bright, fun prints. {This is the same paper pad I used for Charmaine's card yesterday.}


My layout inspiration came from MoJo Monday Sketch #94. The first sketch of the month is MoJo Madness with a contest and PRIZES! :) There are some fabulous cards posted by the MoJo Makers you won't want to miss...so check it out and join in the FUN!

Happy Stamping & Smiles 2 U!





Did U Know?

"Life Is Just a Bowl of Cherries" is a popular song with music by Ray Henderson and lyrics by Buddy G. DeSylva and Lew Brown, published in 1931. The song was revived in 1953 by Jaye P. Morgan.

Life is just a bowl of cherries
Don't take it serious,
Life's too mysterious
You work, You save, You worry so
But you can't take your dough
When you go, go, go
So keep repeating "It's the berries."
The strongest oak must fall
The sweet things in life
To you were just loaned
So how can you lose
What you've never owned
Life is just a bowl of cherries
So live and laugh, aha!
Laugh and love
Live and laugh,
Laugh and love,
Live and laugh at it all!

20 comments:

Juls said...

sweet card, love the stitching detail.

LeAnne said...

Love this, so bright & cheerful! And thanks for the words to the song.....I am reminded of my very first introduction to Mary Engelbreit...hers was a bowl of cherries on a chair, and it said "Life is Chair of Bowlies"!!!LOL!!!

Sheri Gilson said...

Fabulous card Pam! I love the cherry DP to go with your sweet image. Great MOJO card!!!

Arlana 11426 said...

What a fun Mojo card. Love how you played with the cherries!!!

Paula Barin said...

Great summertime card. Love the red!!

Janelle Stollfus said...

Return visit! LOL Thanks for adding me to your wonderful list of followed blogs. Wow there are so many to "watch". I love your cards Pam (my sister's name is Pamela, she doesn't like to be called Pam, so we say Pamie. LOL Hard to right just Pam. I'm following your blog now! Thx for the inspirations!

CreativeMish said...

So cute! I love all the stitching! It really inspires me!

Amy Sheffer said...

WOW!! Perfectly delicious in every way!

mulberry station said...

This card is really cute. I love the cherry tree and especially love the reds and green.

Kristin said...

What a sweet card! Beautiful colours! :D

Nancy Riley said...

Is Westroads mall as spectacular as it was 25 years ago?! I remember my mom buying me a pair of "expensive" saddle shoes during one of our annual visits to Westroads as a kid. An hour or so later, we discovered that I had set them down somewhere ... they were GONE.

Your card is FABULOUS, Pam! Love that stitching, and your design just screams "SUMMER"!

Emily Leiphart said...

Great card! I love those bright and "cherry" colours. ;)

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

What a beautiful card. Love the stitching.

Sheri Gilson said...

Pam~CONGRATS on the win!!! :D

Loobylou said...

Love your card Pam. I just got this stamp set. I have had luck with colouring direct to the acrylic stamp if I ink the stamp up with versamark first. It seems to give a nice smooth surface to colour onto. The other bonus is you can emboss your image if you work quickly enough.
Congratulations on the Mojo Monday win too. Your cards always make me smile

Arlana 11426 said...

Congrats Pam!!! you deserved to win your card was the cuttest!!! So sweet!!!

Sue P. said...

Great card! Very cheerful!

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

WOOHOO!!! You're the Mojo-ist and I have the card. Ü

LeAnne said...

Yahoo, glad to see you won!

Karie said...

Love your card! I was just looking around the web for inspiration. You said you had trouble with the acrylic stamp you bought. I tried buying the cheaper ones from Michaels, but they're rather hard and don't transfer the ink to paper well. I'd recommend checking out Close to My Heart. They've got GREAT stamps! And they take up a LOT less space than traditional rubber stamps. Happy stamping! =)