July 26, 2009

{MoJo Sketch #96} FUN is GOOD ~ Dr. Seuss


"If you never did, you should.
These things are fun and FUN is GOOD!" ~ Dr. Seuss

Isn't this a terrific quote?! It's one of my new stamps from the "Beautiful You" set I received in the mail Friday. In case you missed it, the card I created for Mojo Monday Sketch Challenge #94 was a big winner and I got to select a FREE stamp set from VERVE Stamps! Wooo Flippin' Hooo! :)

Thanks so much to Julee Tilman of Poetic Artistry and all the other talented Mojo Makers for being a constant source of inspiration with all these wonderful sketches.

I *love* this set and encourage you to check it out at the Verve Stamps online store. There are 13 clear stamps in the photopolymer set and many of them are some of my favorite quotes. You'll be seeing a lot more of it in the coming weeks, I assure you!

Printed on the back of this stamp set is this advice: "To condition your stamps, gently rub the stamp surface with a soft eraser and brush away any fibers. This removes any residue remaining from the manufacturing process and will help your stamps to make a clear impression again and again." Interesting! I suppose you all knew this, but I didn't! I was having trouble with an acrylic stamp just a couple weeks ago and will have to go back and try this tidbit on it!

As you can see, I pretty much followed the sketch exactly, although I didn't leave quite as much space between the panels. I really wanted my "Fruits and Flowers" paper by the Paper Studio to stand out. I like it when designer paper has a touch of black in it to highlight the sentiment inked in black. You probably can't tell by the photo, but it is embossed and I colored in the capital letters with a marker. A little stitching, ribbon and a button to finish it off! I showed it to MW for his critique and he said it was "cheery". That's not a term he would often use so it made me SMILE! :)

I've been cleaning and organizing my stamp room this morning and trying to figure out a way to maximize the space on my ribbon storage shelf. Hmmm . . . does that mean I have too much ribbon?! I ended up putting all the black and white ribbon spools in a separate container to make more room for all the GREEN ribbon! Whatzup with that?!

What are you all doing this weekend? I hope you're finding some time to be creative!
Happy Stamping and Smiles 2 U!





Another Dr. Seuss Quote for Today ~
Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You!

11 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Lookin good, love your take on Julee's sketch.

Sheri Gilson said...

Adorable card Pam!! I LOVE the colors & DP you used. Congrats on the win!

Shannan Teubner said...

YAY You!!! I love this set and this card...totally fabulous!

Stamp and Smile said...

AWWW, Pam... you ROCKED this MOJO challenge!! LOVE your fun DP, yummy ribbon and that quote is just a hoot! TFS.. :)

LINDA said...

Adorable card.. Love the paper..
Hugs, Linda

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

great card! I love the sentiment and how you sewed here and there around the circle

Arlana 11426 said...

Fam what a fun card. Love the paper and the colors that you used.

Unknown said...

geeeee-orgeous mojo card, pam! i cant wait to see your card for the sketch tomorrow...whoohoo!

{{{hugs}}}

Lesa said...

What a delightful card! I love Dr Seuss.

Thanh Vo said...

LOL Youre just like me Pam. I played along and posted this card on the last day as well. You made good use of the sketch and I love the summer colours.

Linzy said...

Your blog always makes my day, Pam! You are like a little ray of sunshine. :) I LOVE how you added just a few zig zag stitches around the sentiment-I think you've talked me into that Janome Sew Mini! I also really like how you used patterned ribbon-I never know how/when to use it. Your card is adorable. Thanks so much for blogging more regularly-you're an inspiration and an encouragment to many!