February 21, 2007

{ Aloha Smiles! }

This card was SO fun to make because I had two new stamps to play with! Last week Ethel (Vintagegal) sent me the CUTE Hula Mice stamp by Great Impressions. I "tried" to color it with prismas and gamsol, but I'm still learning. I wasn't sure what to do with the background and would sincerely appreciate any advice or suggestions you could give me. I'm thinking it's a little too much and too dark. The aloha smiley stamp is one that I picked up in Hawaii last month when I was shopping with Dori. Isnt' it CUTE?! And I totally adore this "Tiki Shack" patterned paper by Recess. I've teamed it up with Stampin' Up! cardstock & ribbon.
I think I should send this card to Shuggy since her family went to Hawaii without her! Poor girl!
Smiles, Pam :)

10 comments:

shuggy said...

it's so nice you are thinking of me when you made that cute aloha card!! it's really my fault i didn't go. but i'm still sad! i love it!!

Allison Rankin said...

A terrific card...I love the coloring and that patterned paper is awesome!

Kelly said...

I think it looks perfect Pam!
VERY cute stamp! I especially love the Aloha! How cute with the little smiley too. Fitting :)

Ethel Amutan said...

Pam, the Hula mice are KEEE-YOOOT! The background pp is perfect for them! You did a fabulous job in coloring!

Anonymous said...

I think your coloring turned out great! Really. If you are concerned about the background not blending out as much as you'd like, use pastels instead. It's okay to mix the mediums. I'm sure you're already leaning your pencil on it's side when coloring, make sure you press lightly. Then spread out the color with your stump. Go back and add more color. Spread again outward. Prismacolor also makes artsticks,which makes it easier to color on larger areas.

Creative Expressions by Stephanie said...

Tooo cute...love it!!!

Ohhh not sure if you've been buy lately but I have a sweet give away on right now;)

Suzi said...

So adorable. I love the stamp & the coloring is fabulous!!!

Mary said...

It's a cute card Pam! Im still waiting for my Gamsol, so I'll be learning soon too.

Mary (toao)

Linda said...

Pam, I think you did a fantastic job with this card..Love the cute little mice..And your coloring is just wonderful...
Linda

Anonymous said...

awesome card mom! wish i was there to "stamp it up" with you!
love and miss you!