June 24, 2007

Strawberry Summer! { Creative Challenge }


The Stamp Shack is having a "Celebrate Summer" weekend full of FUN challenges. This challenge was to create a card with a summer fruit theme.
I chose one of my favorite new STRAWBERRY stamps by Karen Lockhart. I've colored them with prismacolor pencils and gamsol. The red polka-dot background paper is from The Paper Patch. The "Hi" sentiment is from a TAC set - Nobby Neez.
I've used four different punches on this card... the scalloped square punch by Marvy Uchida, 1" scalloped circle by Martha Stewart, Stampin Up's 1-1/4" circle, 1-1/2" square, 1/4" square. Paper pierced the corner, red/white polka-dot ribbon. FUN challenge!

So grab your favorite flip flops and head to The Stamp Shack to celebrate summer!

Wishing you all a warm & wonderful smiley great day! ~

7 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

Great card, love the red and blue, you have put me in the mood for strawberries.

Adelina said...

Great card and color combo!

Soguesswhat11 said...

boy oh boy, does that ever work for a summer theme! That completely brings me back to days gone by when summers were fun and free (childhood, of course), and summer picnics were the highlight of the week.... love this card!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card....and those colors are awesome!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

How sweet and delicious looking!

K Hutchinson said...

So amazing! Love the colors with the strawberry's!

~K

Swamp Tulip said...

Wow - What a great card. It reminds me of strawberry picking on my grandparents farm and having my grandmother prepare our berries for her yummy shortcake :)

Teresa