December 07, 2009

{MTSC51} It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas!

Happy Holidays from Nebraska
where there is a winter storm warning for tomorrow!
Fa-la-la-la-la-la-la!!! :)

In case you were wondering . . . I don't like winter and I especially despise the bitter COLD temps! If I could stay indoors and look out the window, I think I could appreciate the beauty in the SNOW. But since I have to go to work, that means driving on icy roads. Ugh!
You would think since I was born and raised here in Nebraska, I would have adapted to our winters, but as I get older I can see why so many have flocked to the southern states! I'm ready! :)

And speaking of being ready . . . are you ready for Mercy's Tuesday Sketch Challenge? It's another humdinger! Mercy puts so much thought into her layouts and they are always such a wonderful source of cardmaking inspiration!

Once again I've used the Stampin' Up! *Snow Buddies* hostess set and paper pieced the hats & scarves to match the designer paper. Last week Mercy razzed me about not doing any stitching on my card, so I let her have it today! LOL :)

Mercy's Muses
Mercy Kerin (Queen Muse)
Jessi Rone (December Guest Muse! :D
Cindy Haffner
Pam Varnell
Julie Lacey

Crystal Birr
Jessica Diedrich
Shannan Teubner


Now it's your turn! Just create a card or scrapbook layout using the sketch above, and link your creation to Mister Linky on Mercy's blog. Be sure to use the keyword MTSC50 when uploading to a public gallery. Thanks so much for playing along!

Happy Stamping & Smiles 2 U!

Quote for Today ~

Winter is nature's way of saying, "Up yours."

~Robert Byrne

15 comments:

Unknown said...

beautifully done, pam! love this color combo, your stitching, the paper-pieced snowmen, and that little sentiment circle...adorable!

thanks for another gorgeous sample this week...you did a outstanding job! :)

{{{hugs}}}
mercy

Cindy Haffner said...

Pam love those snowmen, awesome job.

Julie said...

Gorgeous, Pam! Love those snowmen! What an adorable card! :)

Anonymous said...

I love all your stitching and the dp is just adorable with these adorable snowmen!!

Pam Varnell said...

Love this card Pam. Your stitching is just divine and I love the cute main image panel. Love those snowmen. Great card girl!!

Jessica Diedrich said...

This is FABULOUSLY vintage and puts my stitching to SHAME! LOL! Seriously LOVE this, Pam!

Jessie/knightrone said...

I LOVE this!! Completely gorgeous!!

LINDA said...

These are both so cute!! Love the papers and the details are wonderful!!
Hugs, Linda

Shannan Teubner said...

This is adorable, and I am lovin' the stitching, girl!

Katie Skiff said...

Super cute!! I love the off white color...its beautiful!!

Wanda Cullen said...

Your card is fabulous with all the wonderful details (I have stitching envy - lol!).

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

BE safe! This is our 2nd snow day and it would have been a snow day for us even if the school didn't cancel as we aren't dug out.

LOVE your card! The stitching makes it so extra special.

Michele Kovack said...

What a sweet snowman card!!!

Tami Bayer said...

Such wonderful snowmen cards you've been making Pam. I'm especially fond of the grey and sage one down below. It's a wonderful color combo.

Sheri Gilson said...

Hi Pam!! Fabulous card!! I love the stitching and little tag!! I finally broke down and bought a machine but it's still in the box!! :D