December 28, 2009

Congrats to Featured Stamper ~ SmilynStef!

It has been months since I've had time to participate in Splitcoaststamper's Featured Stamper Challenge! Today, when I found out the featured stamper this week is one of my fav bloggers ~ Stephanie Severin ~ I knew that I was going to have to make time to view her gallery and play along! Here is the link to SmilynStef's card that I chose to case today. Isn't it *gorgeous*?! Be sure to hop on over to her blog Ingenious Inkling and see what she's been creating lately. You'll be impressed!


My card was created using Stampin' Up's Rich Razzleberry cardstock and the Serene Snowflake stamp set. The snowflakes are stamped in Versamark and embossed in white. The "Merry & bright" sentiment is a single stamp found in the back of the Stampin' Up catalog (page 208). The polka dot ribbon is also rich razzleberry.

We finally got our driveway opened up late yesterday after being snowed in since Christmas Eve. Thank goodness for our wonderful neighbor with a loader tractor and to his son that helped him. They had great determination and finally plowed through after working at it for a couple hours!

Below are a few more photos of our home in the aftermath of the storm . . .


The one above was taken from our driveway after it was cleared and the one below is of our backyard. Can you see the top of the picnic table between the two trees? I don't think we'll be using that for awhile! :) Maybe by the 4th of July???


The next picture is one of my favorites... the unique drift on our deck. I could barely push open the back door to take the photo. :)


Don't these photos just make you want to snuggle up by the fire with a good book? Second thought, they make me wish I lived in Hawaii!!! LOL

Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope you've all had a blessed Christmas. I'm enjoying a few days off work and plan to catch up on a some things around here! That is, if I don't waste too much time blogging! ;)

I'll be back again tomorrow with a card for Mercy's Tuesday Sketch Challenge! See you then!!

Smiles 2 U!


Quote for Today ~

If you can't find me, I'm in that snowbank over there ------>

7 comments:

SmilynStef said...

Wowza girl ... I love that color for snowflakes ... thanks so much for joining in on my special day.

Gail S. said...

I like your photos Pam. You guys DID get more snow than us. Take care!

Stacey Schafer said...

gorgeous card, Pam! glad you're surviving the snow:)

Susan G said...

Wow, what a striking card! Love those colors.

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

Love your card!
We went to Kearney yesterday and I wish we could have stopped everytime I saw a cool drift to photo, but DH was with us or I would have. LOL!!

~amy~ said...

Your card is absolutely gorgeous!!! I love the look of embossing but never do it...

Your snow pics are fun...that's alotta snow!

Lynn Put said...

Yikes! It looks like you guys got just a little bit of snow didn't ya!