March 24, 2009

Life's a Beach! { Mojo Monday #79 }


You can always find a great sketch challenge at the Mojo Monday Sketch Blog! To play along, you simply make a card using the provided sketch and upload it to your blog or online gallery. Another great thing is that there is no time limit - you can play any week at any time. There are so many outstanding creations this week...you won't want to miss them!

You're probably wondering whatszup with the BIKINI card when it's still like WINTER outside! At least, here in Nebraska it's blustery cold this week and SUMMER seems a long way off. But, I've been coloring images with my new Copic markers and this just happened to be one I had done that would work for this sketch. You'll notice I did flip it and put my image on the right side instead of the left. I think that's "legal". ;)

The designer paper I've used is from a DCWV Glitter Pack and I've teamed it up with what I think is retired Stampin Up marvelous magenta cardstock. (or is it lavendar lace??)
The little "Life's a Beach" metal do-dad is from my stash of embellishments and I added a purple brad and attached to the card with a dimensional. I don't usually tie big bows like this on my cards when I'm mailing them, but I did this just for FUN! :) I colored BeachaBella's bikini with BV04 Blue Berry and made the polka dots with the Colorless Blender. Gotta love it!

I've sure been enjoying all your comments and appreciate them so much! Have a warm and wonderful week my friends!

Sunshine & Smiles,



Quote for Today ~
Those who bring sunshine to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves. - James Barrie

7 comments:

LINDA said...

OH Pam this is Great.. Love the image and you have colored it just perfect.. Awesome job with sketch..
Hugs Linda

LeAnne said...

So cute & fun--the only bikini I'll be gazing at this year!
LeAnne

CreativeMish said...

Very cute! I wish I looked like that in a bikini!~

Gail S. said...

With it being so blustery cold outside - you added a little summer to my day! Really cute - I love the colors and the pretty ribbon.

Alex said...

This is really adorable! Love the ribbon! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

scrappyyankee said...

Beautiful card! Love the image and you did an amazing job with the coloring.

Mickey

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Love it! That big purple bow is fabulous, and bella never looked better! Thanks for playing! :)