March 21, 2009

BookwormaBella Makes Perfect Card for My Sister Susie!


My older sister Susie could literally BE BookwormaBella! Seriously, I doubt if there is anyone who owns more books than my sister...and she reads them ALL too! One of her dreams is to own a second-hand bookstore and she could do it because she already has the inventory. Not only that, she amazes me with her knowledge of authors, titles, first editions, etc, etc. One reason she has so many books is that we go "junkin" when weather permits and she always seems to find an abundance of books...at a very cheap price and usually in perfect condition.

So, needless to say, when I saw the BookwormaBella stamp, I really wanted to get it to make Aunt Susie a card. Even better than buying the stamp, one of my "Bella-holic" friends at the STAMP SHACK ~ StampcrazyJulie ~ offered to send me a few images. Thank You Julie! { Poor Julie... she fell yesterday while roller skating with her daughter and broke her tailbone!! OUCH!!! Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers for a quick recovery. }

I've colored Bella with Copic markers and used the Making Memories Chloe's Closet line of designer paper and embellishments to make the card. The base cardstock and ribbon is Kiwi Kiss by Stampin' Up! I've distressed the edges and also did a little zig-zag stitching down the side strip of paper. It's partially hidden, but notice that the paper has a strip of book text down the side. :) Aren't I just so clever? hee hee

One last thing... I want to thank Dina Kowal from Mama Dina's Digi Sig Diner for making a new watermark graphic for my photos. If you need one, I highly recommend her!

Thanks for blogging by today! Have a wonderful weekend!






Quote for Today ~ "A book is a gift you can open again & again." - Garrison Keillor

1 comment:

Linda Crowder said...

The lady I rent a room from has an entire two car garage filled with books, some autographed and old, some novels, all kinds and authors that I can't begin to name. Famous and infamous and every subject under the sun. Also, LP's and 45's. A man she befriended and cared for left her his cache of books he had collected for 40 or so years (he was in his 90's). So you can imagine that these need a GOOD home and she is willing to make any kind of deal. I am here to help find them a home. Is your sister serious? Please give her my email address if so and we can work something out. These wonderful tomes don't need to be housed in a drafty garage and they need a home where they can be appreciated. Thanks...sorry, I didn't mean to put something for sale on your blog, and I'm really not, just want to find these things the correct home before they deteriorate. It's sad...