July 19, 2007

* F R E E D O M * { Scalloped Punch Week - Card 5 }

This morning on my drive into work, I was listening to US92 and the dj was telling about a soldier from Northeast Nebraska who was seriously injured in Iraq. They were asking for prayers for Spc. Eric Raymond of Wisner, NE who was wounded while patrolling the streets of Baghdad. He's back in the States now recovering and it would be great to show him our support!

If you are interested, you may send cards, letters and well wishes to:

Spc. Eric Raymond
7113 A Garcia Blvd
Fort Lewis, WA 98433


So, that is where my inspiration came from for this card. I had recently used this same patterned paper for a 4th of July card that I posted and I had some pieces leftover. It is by doodlebug design, inc. (946 yankee doodles & 947 stars and stripes). The card base and the round scalloped circle are Stampin' Up! brilliant blue. The bottom strip and the corners are SU real red. I printed "FREEDOM" on my pc using the Stampin' Up! font cd - Contempo Caps. "God Bless the U.S.A. is cut from the patterned paper and framed with a small piece of real red. The flag is a retired Stampin' Up! stamp "God Bless America". I inked it with markers and eliminated the phrase underneath so it would fit within my mega white circle punch out.

I still intend to create two more scalloped punch cards this week, so stay tuned!
Smiles, Pam : )


Quotes for Today ~

"Freedom is never free." ~ unkown

"... ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country." ~ John F. Kennedy

6 comments:

Alex said...

Pam, that is sooo nice - and of course we will send cards! I too spent time (too much) in Iraq and it is scary and sad how many get hurt or die over there! With blessings, I came home uninjured but I do know how mail can inspire and life spirits so thanks to you! *HUGS* Alex

Jami Speidel said...

I didn't hear about this. Where have I been?

The card is awesome and I'm sure he will love it!

Alhambra Club said...

Great card, thanks for the information.

Sharon in NE said...

I hadn't heard about that yet. Thanks Pam. I will send a card right away.
Your card is so uplifting. I love the corners!

Unknown said...

Love your card, and the corners are fabulous!

You're doing a great job with those Marvy punches. :-)

Anonymous said...

What a great card! I am going to send a card to Spc. Raymond also. Thanks for the info.

Michaeleen