February 01, 2010

{MTSC59} You Warm My Heart Valentine!


Here is a card created especially for Mercy's Tuesday Sketch Challenge that is guaranteed to *warm your heart*!

This adorable snowman image is one that was sent to me by a dear friend at The Stamp Shack.  At first I had made it into a Christmas card, but I wasn't happy with how it turned out so I decided to make it a Valentine instead.  I know it is a bit untraditional to see a *snowman* on a Valentine, but here in Nebraska where we're still buried in *snow*, it seems quite appropriate!  Sorry, I don't recall who makes this stamp, but it's not SU!  ;)

This card is a 5-1/4" square.  The glittery red hearts and flowers background paper is from Stampin' Up! ~ Sending Love specialty designer series paper from the new Occasions Mini Catalog.  The polka dot paper is old olive.


It's really quite ironic that I made a snowman card tonight, because I am *really* tired of winter!  It was another cold and drizzly day here with no sunshine.  At dinner tonight MW and I got to talking about how the weather is starting to affect our mood and maybe we have SAD.   Have you heard of this?  It is Seasonal  Affective Disorder (SAD), also known as winter depression or winter blues. It is a mood disorder in which people who have normal mental health throughout most of the year experience depressive symptoms in the winter.   We were just joking, but I really do think there is something to this!  So, do you know what I did after dinner?  I packed up ALL the snowman decorations around the house and called it my official end to winter.  I'm on to Valentine's Day now . . . with thoughts of Easter and SPRING just around the corner!  :D
Here is another *wonderful* sketch by THE Mercy Kerin!

You're all invited to play along in Mercy's Tuesday Sketch Challenge.
In fact, we would *love* it if you did! ;)
If you need a bit of inspiration to get you started,
please hop on over and see what Mercy's Muses have created this week!
Introducing our February Guest Muse
Cindy Haffner ~ Cindy Haffner's Corner
Jackie Pedro ~ The Scalloped Edge
Pam Varnell ~ The Stamping Addict
Julie Lacey ~ Stamps and Taxes!
Crystal Birr ~ The Messy Stamper
Jessica Diedrich ~ The Whimsical Butterfly
Shannan Teubner ~ ShannanTeubner Designs
Mercy Kerin ~ Lord Have Mercy {our Queen Muse}

Now it's your turn! Simply create a card or scrapbook layout using the sketch above, and link your creation to Mister Linky on Mercy's blog.  Be sure to use the keyword MTSC59 when uploading to a public gallery.

I'm happy you've stopped by and I hope you have a warm and wonderful week!  Don't let this long winter make you SAD ~  THINK SPRING!!!  : )

Smiles 2 U,


Quote for Today ~
A pessimist sees only the dark side of the clouds, and mopes; a philosopher sees both sides, and shrugs; an optimist doesn't see the clouds at all - he's walking on them. ~Leonard Louis Levinson

18 comments:

Marisa said...

This image is BEYOND cute!!! Love the snowflake hair - looks like my hair on a bad day LOL! Great stitching and I love the ribbon/button tab. Wonderful card!

thimbles bobbins paper and ink said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this card...snow or no snow, this card is vibrant and warm. Just perfectly wonderful!

Anonymous said...

we used the same gorgeous dp today!! :) I knew I had to use it or I would hoard it lol! I love the little snowman and the sentiment is just perfect- try to stay warm!

Julie said...

Oh how cute, Pam! I love the snowman card! I read the other day that the last week in January is the most "depressing" week of the year...so hopefully we'll get through this winter very speedy so we can enjoy some sunshine! :)

Cindy Haffner said...

So precious Pam.

Vicki Burdick said...

Seriously adorabler Pam.....love that little snowman!!

Shannan Teubner said...

Too adorable, Pam! Love it!

Unknown said...

pam...this is amazing! great papers, stitching, coloring, and ribbon/button treatment! fantastic sample!

{{{hugs}}}
mercy

anya said...

This is a fantastic card, Pam! I love the snowman for Valentine's Day! All your details are amazing, too! Thank you for the warm welcome, I am so excited to be working with you! :)

Mary Marsh said...

this card is sooo cute-I am ready for some sunshine and flowers myself-its been really cold here in Pittsburgh

Anonymous said...

The image is so cute although it looks Christmas-y. I bet it is still cold there.
dining table

Jessica Diedrich said...

This is JUST beautiful Pam!!!

shuggy said...

cute as ever!!

CreativeMish said...

I'm not much of a snow lover but I love snowmen! This one is no exception! PS... It's snowing at my house as we speak! ICKY!

Tami Bayer said...

This is so adorable. You've been busy. Happy belated blogaversary. I remember when you met up with Dori and the hand stamped chocolates :)

Lynn Put said...

Pam this is adorable!!!
I seriously think I have a touch of SAD and cabin fever and I'm going to follow your end of winter ceremony today by taking down my snowmen too!
I'm ready for SPRING!

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

CUTE! I love the layout and the inside and the snowmen are cute!!

Stacey Schafer said...

super cute, Pam! this snowman is too cute:)