October 05, 2008

Upsy Daisy! A Warm & Fuzzy Challenge


This card was created especially for Barb's {grammastamper} World Cardmaking Day Challenge yesterday at the Stamp Shack. Her challenge was to make a card using a stamp that made us feel "warm & fuzzy" inside. You all know I have a lot of stamps that would have been appropriate for this challenge, but I really wanted to use my new Stampin Up "Upsy Daisy" set. So, I selected one of my favorite "warm & fuzzy" sentiments by Hero Arts to go along with it. The inside sentiment is "You're on my mind" from the Upsy Daisy set.

My daughter in Hawaii has been on my mind a lot lately so I'm planning to send this card to her. She loves living in paradise, but I know she misses home and our beautiful autumn season here in Nebraska. I hope this gives her that warm & fuzzy feeling... love ya KT girl! :)

I suppose I've been playing long enough and should get a few things done around the house today. I've got the bedding washed and need to make the bed and do a little more laundry. I rarely bake goodies anymore...mainly because I love to eat them, but I've been craving one of my favorite desserts, "Hawaiian Pineapple Cake". Since it's super easy to make and I had all the ingredients, I whipped one up this morning and put it in the refrigerator. Here's the recipe if you want to try it... ENJOY! ~ Pam :)

Hawaiian Pineapple Cake
1 yellow cake mix
4 eggs
1 stick oleo
1 can mandarin oranges (11 oz)
1 tsp. vanilla
Beat together until well blended and orange pieces are small.
Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes
Topping: 1 small pkg instant vanilla pudding
1 can crushed pineapple (20 oz)
1/2 cup powdered sugar
4 oz Cool Whip
Blend together & spread on top of cooled cake.
Refrigerate until serving. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Stampin_Melissa said...

This card is beautiful! I'm sure your daughter will treasure it and love knowing that her mother is thinking of her.

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

THis is DEFINITELY warm and fuzzy, Pam! I just LOVE it. . and that recipe looks delicious!