October 10, 2008

Celebrating Susie!

Today is my OLDER sister Susie's birthday and this
is the card I made for her. I've always introduced
Susie as my OLDER sister and now that we're really getting older, I think she would like to strangle me when I do that. :) But, in my defense, she IS 4 years older than I am . . . and we do have a YOUNGER sister too.

Tomorrow we're going "junkin" (garage sales) which is one of our favorite things to do together. She especially *loves* books and hopefully she'll find a few for her collection. If not, all is not lost because I got her the new best seller "The Story of Edgar Sawtelle". Have any of you read it? I read a review that said it was one of the best novels of the year.

Back to the card... I've used this rubber stamp by Inkadinkado quite a bit as it makes a fun & simple birthday card. The designer paper is by The Paper Studio ~ "All Over Doodles" is on the bottom and "All Over Dots" is on the top. This line also has a fabulous floral that I'll have to use on another card.
The image is stamped with Versafine vintage sepia and clear embossed on a scrap piece of yellow. I sponged all the edges witht he vintage sepia too. The cardstock is Stampin Up ~ chocolate chip and certainly celery. The front is stamped with the Linen background stamp.


You'll notice I decorated the inside a little to...

That's all for tonight. I'll be back later tomorrow and hope to tell you about all the great "treasures" we found while junkin! :)





Quotes for Today ~ for "Sisters" ~

"A sister is a little bit of childhood that can never be lost." ~ Marion Garretty

"It was nice growing up with someone like you - someone to lean on, someone to count on... someone to tell on! " ~Author Unknown

"If sisters were free to express how they really feel, parents would hear this: "Give me all the attention and all the toys and send Rebecca to live with Grandma." ~Linda Sunshine

"I'm smiling because your my sister, I'm laughing because there is nothing you can do about it! :)"

3 comments:

shuggy said...

what a fun card! i love the sentiment!

pescbrico said...

This first sentiment is so cute! :) Beautiful cards!:)

CreativeMish said...

I have two younger sisters! I love that stamp! I want one! Great card and story