January 03, 2010

Curtain Call Color Challenge Act 11

It's another *cold* and *snowy* day in Nebraska where its perfectly DELIGHTFUL to stay indoors and stamp it up. When I was browsing through my fav blogs on Google Reader this morning and saw Stacey's Curtain Call Color Challenge, I decided to give it a whirl. You all know I love GREEN so this color challenge was perfect for me! I will admit that the GREY thrown in the mix made this a definite challenge!

I wish I would have had a designer paper like the one in Stacey's Color Challenge photo. Isn't it beautiful? And it brings all these colors together perfectly! For my card, I inked up my Stampin' Up! Medallion stamp with Versamark and stamped it onto the always artichoke cardstock, using white embossing powder to give it some shine and dimension. I stamped the center again, but this time on going grey cardstock and punched it out with the 1-3/4" circle punch. In the center of the circle, I put a green rhinestone brad through one of the filigree flowers and layered this circle up on dimensionals.
The de-lightful little tag is going gray ink stamped on whisper white and clear embossed. It's punched out with the 1-1/8" circle punch and layered onto a 1-1/4" circle of old olive. I've used the old olive grosgrain ribbon bow to finish it off.


What do you think? An unlikely color combo, right? :) I do love this Medallion background stamp by Stampin' Up! and don't think you can go wrong with anything you create with it!

This morning I got all my Christmas decorations packed up and put away and that's always a great feeling to get the house cleaned up and back to normal. I did leave up my snowman tree with all the S'mores ornaments because it's just SO cute! I've got a lot of other snowman around the house too. With the weather we've been having lately, I think winter is just getting started and the SNOW will be around for a long while yet. : /

My holiday break is over and tomorrow I will be going back to work full time and I'm not looking forward to that at all! The past two weeks have been SO nice and relaxing and I've loved every minute of being HOME. I could get use to this!

I've got some requests for the new Stampin' Up! mini catalogs and need to get the envelopes addressed and in the mail tomorrow. If you need one, please let me know! In the meantime, you can see them online and will be able to order from them starting Tuesday, Jan 5th! Also, remember the last day to order from the Holiday Mini catalog is tomorrow, Mon, Jan 4th.

Thanks so much for stopping by today! I can't tell you how much I enjoy your comments. It's such a JOY to hear from other stampers and bloggers! In fact, its how I've met some of my "bestest" blog friends! :) {{HUGS}}
Wishing you all a de-lightful New Year!


Quote for Today ~
Winter is the time for comfort, for good food and warmth, for the touch of a friendly hand and for a talk beside the fire: it is the time for home. ~Edith Sitwell

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! This is gorgeous!! I just LOVE the Medallion stamp too! Simply beautiful!

Stacey Schafer said...

The embossed Medallion was a perfect choice to bring this color combo to life! Your card is fabulous:) Thanks so much for playing the Curtain Call!

Melissa said...

What an AMAZING card! That medallion stamp is awesome - I may have to add it to my list of "must-haves." You did a great job with the colors. Just lovely...

LINDA said...

Simply gorgeous!!! Love it..By the way HAPPY NEW YEAR to you and yours..Wishing you all the best for 2010..
Hugs, Linda

Unknown said...

This really is a pretty color combo! You've inspired me to get out my Medallion stamp and use it. I'm really diggin' this card.

We've had cold weather here in Montana and it's supposed to stay cold and snowy too. Sounds like you're in the same boat. Stay warm!

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

It's back to work for me too today! It is just tooooo cold to be going out in this freezing weather.

You nailed the challenge! I would never have thought to put those greens together. Lovely!

Pam Varnell said...

Oh Pam this is so striking. I just love what you did with this card. Beautiful!! Hugs.

Tamie said...

Wow, I just love the embossing on your card and how you used the colors. It is a very beautiful card.

CreativeMish said...

Very pretty. I love the color combo and you did a fabulous job on your card!

Rochelle said...

I really Like it!

Betty J Schaub said...

Stunning!!!