February 06, 2009

Now I know why they call it I.C.U. ~


Isn't this a perfect image and sentiment for a Get Well card? It makes me laugh. And yes, the gowns still look like this! :) When I was in the hospital for my ankle surgery, the physical therapist wanted me to walk down the hallway. Thankfully, they gave me another gown to wear backwards like a robe. :)

A sweet stamping friend sent these images to me a couple years ago and I colored them up the other day while sitting in bed with my foot elevated. My incident has reminded me how much it means to receive a card and know someone is thinking of you. You all know I *love* to stamp and make cards, but I'm not always so good at getting them sent out! Usually, my intentions are good and I think of doing it, but I don't always follow through. Well, my goal is to try and do better starting with this card today!

When hubby & I were in the cardiologist's office waiting for them to run some tests before my surgery, we ran into someone in the waiting room that we've known for years. He was planning to have heart surgery the next week and we've been thinking of him ever since. I really hope he's doing well and that my card makes him SMILE!

As for me, I'm doing better each day! It's still tender and swollen and I'm not to put any weight on it yet. I'm wearing the big heavy protective black boot and getting around with the help of a walker. I may even venture out on my own tomorrow for a hair appointment. We'll see how that goes! Next week, I'm planning to go back to work so I better get some stamping done this weekend.

THANK YOU again for all the cards and messages of encouragement. It's such a blessing to have friends like U! Happy Stamping! Smiles...


Quote for Today ~ "The greatest wealth is health." ~Virgil

8 comments:

LINDA said...

This is just to funny!! Im sure it will put a smile on his face, Im still LMBO.Glad your feeling a little better..Hugs Linda

Sue from Oregon said...

Great card! Glad to hear you are feeling better and hope your recovery speeds up!

CreativeMish said...

It sounds like you're in good spirits! I hope all is well for you. What a cute card!

Gail S. said...

What a great card! I love that stamp :). Glad to hear you are feeling better (the great weather we are having sure helps also!!) Have a great weekend.

LeAnne said...

Hysterical---he will enjoy it; I would have trouble parting with it, it is so funny!
LeAnne

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you are on the mend Pam!I was thinking the same thing recently about how much cards mean to people and how I don't always get them out. We do what we can and try better next time! This card will be shown often I know.

thimbles bobbins paper and ink said...

Now this will surely make your friend smile and feel better. I just love it!

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better. WHO makes these stamps? I love them.