February 13, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day Weekend Sketch Challenge!

Yeah! Beate is back with her wonderful Weekend
Sketch Challenge! I've really missed her challenges and couldn't wait to play along. Since I still needed to make MW (Mr. Wonderful) a Valentine, this sketch was my inspiration.


Not only was the sketch my source of inspiration, but so was the ribbon. I know, I've only used a tiny piece and you can barely see it tucked in along side the image, but that's where I started when selecting my cardstock, designer paper, etc. "Shuggy" at the Stamp Shack posted a fun little "ribbon challenge" and we were to select our ribbon and create a card with it. My intention was to tie the ribbon around the card, but it just didn't look quite right, especially since I wanted this to be a somewhat "manly" card. :)



The sentiment is a $1 Michaels stamp that I've stamped in Versafine Onyx Black and clear embossed. I colored the heart with the real red Stampin Up marker. The red polka dot paper was created using the Stampin Up polka dot background stamp. The "loves me, loves me not" designer paper by Carolee's Creations is something I've had in my stash for ages. I knew I would find a use for it someday! :) To cut my circles, I simply traced around a large spool of ribbon. Somewhere, I have a circle cutter, but I'm not exactly sure where it is now! Anyway, I stitched around the circles, attached the sentiment, brads with anchors, ribbon and WA-LA! Very quick and easy card! It helps so much when you've got the sketch in front of you!

Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge #68

We were supposed to get 5-9" of SNOW today and it never happened...Praise the Lord! It sounds like some areas of Nebraska were hit, but thankfully not us. With the warm weather we've had the past couple weeks, our snow was about gone and I sure didn't want to see more!

Do you have any plans for Valentine's Day? I'm planning a special candlelight dinner for MW. He's been waiting on me constantly since I broke my ankle and I may just show him I can still cook! :) I would *love* to hear what you do to celebrate Happy Heart Day!

Hugs & Smiles!





Quote for Today ~ Love is the condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own. ~Robert Heinlein

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great card! Happy Valentine's Day!

Gail S. said...

Beautiful card!!
We were the lucky ones and got the 9 inches of snow (central NE)!! Oh well, by this afternoon the sun was out and it was trying to melt.
My Hubby and I are planning on dinner out for Valentine's Day. Have a great weekend. Gail S.

Kathy Jones said...

Fabulous!!! Love black and red together and the stitching is awesome!!

Stamp and Smile said...

Pam your card is just adorable!! SO stunning as I LOVE the colors, Beate's sketch and the masculine feel to your card!! I have this same stamp and you are giving me an itch to stamp... Smiles!! :)

Nancy Riley said...

OK ... let me pick my jaw up off the ground so I can comment on this incredible card! Pam, you've outdone yourself this time! AMAZING job with the sketch! It's perfect!

Anonymous said...

This is a great card - I love all the details -stitching, ribbon, etc. TFS.

Dori Shelton said...

Very nice! Love the classic elegant look of it.

Antje said...

Great colours, a very strong card - love it!

Beate said...

Pam, your card is gorgeous! I love the colors, your stitching and the papers you chose.
I am so glad you got to play!
Hugs and smiles

JulieA said...

What a special card!

LeAnne said...

Love this, Pam--that ribbon is yummy, I can see it on the card, but I know you have something in your head brewin' that you could use a lot more on! It is so pretty! I am glad to see Beate's sketch back--lots of samples out there in blogland today!
LeAnne

Alex said...

WOW!! This turned out absolutely gorgeous Pam!! I love these colors, so elegant together! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Alex said...

WOW!! This turned out absolutely gorgeous Pam!! I love these colors, so elegant together! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex