August 07, 2007

Hang in There! { A Muse Hammock }


Yes, this is the exact same Basic Grey Oh Baby! paper that I used for my Mary Engelbreit card on Sunday. It was still laying here on my craft table and the colors just happened to coordinate with my image. Certainly, finding the *right* paper isn't always that easy! :) The yellow strip and the blue piece behind the image are both from the same line of Basic Grey. I embossed the yellow with the Cuttlebug "Spots and Dots" folder.

For this card, I've actually used 4 different stamps. The palm tree/hammock is by A Muse. The "hang in there" tag is by Studio G, the little smiley sunshine and cloud are from a small acrylic set by Stampendous. ($1 Michaels stamps) My puffy "cloud" is actually cupcake frosting. :) How's that for being creative? I colored the images with prismacolor pencils and doodled around the edge with a fine black Zig pen.

Hang in There! and Happy Stamping!
Smiles,
Pam :)

Quote for Today ~ "Keep on keepin on."

14 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

What a lovely card, I can most definitely see myself in that hammock

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Oh how fun, bright and just all-around WONDERFUL! :)

K Hutchinson said...

WOW you this is so cool! The colors are great some of my favorite and the way you used cupcake frost for a cloud- genius I say!

~K

Jody Morrow said...

GORGEOUS card! I love it! :)

thimbles bobbins paper and ink said...

So sweet and I can easily picture myself "hangin' in there" in the hammock.

pescbrico said...

This card is very beautifull and will cheerup the person who will get it, that for sure! Thanks for sharing with us!
Pascale

Unknown said...

Way too cute....and so happy! Love those colors. You did a fabulous job with that stamp!

Jami Speidel said...

Perfect card for KT... a little "hang in there" the condo remodel will be done soon??? :) Great coloring job!

Sharon in NE said...

Cupcake frosting hanging in the sky! ;) who knew! Love it.

Swamp Tulip said...

Great card. Love the colors and the images you used. Super!

Teresa

Elizabeth Royalty said...

I love it! I love it! I love it! Super fun stamps and papers and perfect colors! How fun and a perfect "pick me up" kinda card!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

I just nominated you for the "nice" award, Pam.

Shannan Teubner said...

I found you from Colleen's blog... I just love this card! Love it!! The doodling is amazing. Great job!

Kelly said...

This is SO cute Pam!!
Wish I was laying in the hammock in nice weather!
Im planning my Hawaii trip and trying to breeze thru the next 8 months now ;)