August 13, 2007

Graduation Hedgie! { Penny Black }


On Saturday, I mentioned that it was going to be "Happy Hedgie Week" on my blog because Nancy (directmailscrapper) at the Stamp Shack sent me an envelope FULL of images of these cute little hedgehogs by Penny Black. They are such FUN to color with prismacolor pencils, but I'm still practicing on getting the colors right on this little critter! :)

It just so happens that I needed a congratulations card for a friend who recently graduated from college, so this image was perfect! I used my Cuttlebug congrats embossing folder on a royal blue cardstock with white core, then sanded it lightly so the words were more visible.

The tag sentiment "You did it!" is from my first ever Stampin' Up! stamp set ~ Mini Mates. I still use it often. I punched it out with the 1" scalloped punch by Martha Stewart and then layered with SU punches 1-1/4 & 1-3/8". I added an eyelet and 1/8" grosgrain ribbon and attached with dimensionals. The little tab on the left side is made using the word window punch and an eyelet.

I've got a couple more of these images here... so STAY TUNED!
Have a GREAT week! Smiles, Pam : )

Quote for Today ~

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. ~ Eleanor Roosevelt

9 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

This is such a great card, love that stamp

Heather Grow said...

Super cute Pam!

Melissa said...

So cute!

Unknown said...

Way too cute!

Sharon in NE said...

You colored it beautifully!

pescbrico said...

You have been nominate on my blog (http://pescbrico.blogspot.com/) to be a Rockin' girl blogger!
Enjoy!!!

Colleen Schaan said...

Happy Hedgie Week!!! I love it. Your Hedgie cards are just adorable. I love the embossing on this one.

Alex said...

Oh how cute! I love it! I don't have any of these cute little stamps and now I want them - darn it :-) Beautiful coloring Pam - TFS! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Jan Scholl said...

another stamp I need to look for. My list gets longer and longer. cute!