March 28, 2011

{SSSC110} Hot Doggie!


Happy Monday!

The Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge is always one I look forward to!  Although, I admit to struggling with it when Karen insists on the "crooked" look!  Today, I smply attached the dimensional glue dots and turned my head while I gave the image a left rotate. ;)


If you're a new follower to my blog, you may not know that I adopted a miniature dachshund a few years ago.  She was living with a family who had 3 little boys under the age of 5.  She only weighed 8 lbs and had barely any hair on her ears when I got her.  BILL was her name, but I changed it to LIL (Lilly).  Let me tell you, she is living the life of luxury now.  I think she weighs about 12 lbs and she really is a sweetie pie...when she isn't barking at "intruders", that is!   :)  Anyway, now you know why this stamp is a favorite of mine and you see me use it quite often.  It's a 2007 wood mounted stamp by Penny Black, titled "a romantic dog". 

Here is Karen's Sweet Sunday Sketch for you to try yourself...


And I know you like to see what I did to the inside too . . .  


Notice I've used the black and white BAKERS TWINE to tie the tag onto the front of this card.  It's my new favorite embellishment!  I splurged and bought two HUGE rolls, so if you need any, please check out my ETSY shop!  I'm selling 25 yds for only $2.50.  I've got black & white as well as brown & white.  This is the good stuff...4 ply poly/cotton bakers twine.

Thanks for stopping by today!  Have a wonderful week, my friends!







Quote for Today ~
I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive. ~Gilda Radner

7 comments:

Marisa said...

This card is adorable, Pam! Great take on Karen's sketch. You did the skewed panel fabulously :)

Gail S. said...

So stinkin' cute!!!

Sue from Oregon said...

this is a smile maker!

LeAnne said...

Adorable, Pam....I'd love to have one of those little dogs!!! Sweet!

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

I have a hard time with crooked parts on my cards too. This is just too cute though!

Tenia Nelson said...

So so cute!!

Lu Holt said...

Pam!
You know I love this stamp too! One of our little dachshunds was adopted a year ago and HIS name was BILL but we changed it to Willy, that's close to Lilly except for a boy name. I find that another coincidence/connection with you. Our dog was a little mass of bones and his hair was falling out. He didn't dare move or make a noise. He needed some tender loving care which we've given him. He is loved though he still has some issues we try to deal with. Our other dachshunds name is Todd, after the Fox and The Hound....Copper and Todd, the best of friends.
You are one amazing person! As always, I LOVE your work!!!
Keep on smiling....I'll keep on looking and wish I had your talent. I don't have the brains.