March 20, 2011

{SSSC109} Just Cut the Grass!

That's right!  Today is the first day of SPRING! And I can rightfully say that I "cut the grass"! . . .

. . . with my new CRICUT cartridge Plantin SchoolBook, that is!  : )   It looked more like grass before I tied the ribbon around it, but there is no turning back now that it's all glued together.    This layout is from Karen Giron's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge #109.  It's been way too long since I've played along were her challenge and today is the day I'm gettin' my groove on again!  oh yeah!  : )


All I have to do to take a peak at the samples made by Karen and her "Sweet Sunday Stampers" and I'm grabbing the paper cutter and a stamp pad!    They always inspire me to create, even when I'm not so sure I have it in me. 



and the inside...more grass...and a tiny daffodil delight butterfly!
The designer paper used on this 5-1/4" square card is all from an 8 x 8" DCWV pad titled "The Green Stack".  It's filled with 70% recycled paper and all such earthy patterns.

How's your weekend going so far?   I'm glad you chose to stop by and visit me!   While you're here, please check out my Stamp Sale too!  (links in upper right corner)

Happy First Day of Spring!  Enjoy!







Quote for Today ~

Sitting quietly, doing nothing, spring comes, and the grass grows by itself - Zen Proverb

7 comments:

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

I love your card Pam! It's a beautiful day here. Been out to walk and will do it again before the day is over. Each time I go just a little bit further.

Marisa said...

What a fun flower and lovely touch with the button and bow in the center. Wish I could cut my grass that easily LOL! Looks like you have a wonderful new toy to enjoy playing with. Can't wait to see what you create with it :)

Wanda Cullen said...

Love this happy card in the bright, springtime colors with that funky flower in the spotlight! Great grass border! I don't mind that kind of grass cutting! :-)

Gail S. said...

Whooo Hoooo!! Spring is here! Beautiful day today - went to Grand Island :) Love the card, super cute. I am have to get back to making cards - I have been quilting!!

Unknown said...

I love the grass! Very pretty card!

Lynn Put said...

This is a fantastic card for the SSSC Pam! I love the details of the button, stitching and fun grass!

shuggy said...

i love the inside!!