September 12, 2009

Super Simple 5 Minute Card! Seriously! :D

Thanks so much for blogging by today!


When I was participated in the PPA sketch challenge this week, I found the sketch designer, Margaret Moody's fabulous blog and immediately wanted to c.a.s.e. one of her creations! I just happened to be playing around with the Stampin' Up! Pink Flamingo designer papers and wondered what in the world I would do with all the BIG bold prints. Wa-La! Margaret had the *perfect* idea! See her fabulous card here using real red.

For my card, I've used Stampin' Up! whisper white cardstock for the base and corner punched the front edges. Then I quickly cut and slapped on a 4-1/4 x 3" piece of the Pink (yellow) Flamingo patterned paper. To make my card just a little different than Margaret's, I scalloped the bottom edge of the summer sun cardstock and quickly stitched between the layers. Seriously, this card took all of 5 minutes!! Well, if you include the 5 minutes I fiddled with the knot on the ribbon, it may be 10 minutes, tops!! :D The best thing, is that I can probably make at least 5 or 6 more cards with this one 12 x 12" piece of cardstock! Love it! Thanks to Margaret for this STAMP-tacular idea!! :)

By the way, the polka dot ribbon is the new SU In-color, crushed curry. I don't happen to have any summer sun ribbon and I think this coordinates perfectly anyway! The thank you sentiment is from the Trendy Trees set.

I'm getting ready to place an order for some of those incredible new stamp sets, designer papers and ribbons in the NEW Stampin' Up! Holiday Mini catalog. I wonder if there would be any interest in a paper and ribbon share?? Let me know!

I'll be back later with a post to announce my Serendipity Surprise!!!

Smiles 2 U!

~ Quote for Today ~
At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us.
Albert Schweitzer

4 comments:

Alex said...

It's beautiful Pam!! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

LeAnne said...

I recognized that beauty right away! Love this! Great layout---the possibilities are endless. BTW, your new blog looks GREAT!

Margaret Moody said...

I'm so flattered, Pam! I love your version, too, and love the yellow! The Crushed Curry ribbon is a great compliment! Thanks so much for the shout out and the link to my blog!

Crystal said...

This is BEAUTIFUL!!!! LOVE LOVE these colors and your stitching! Pam this is wonderful!