September 07, 2009

{MTSC #38} Hoot Hoot Hooray!


Hoot Hoot Hooray!

It's time for Mercy's Tuesday Sketch Challenge!

I've sure enjoyed the long weekend and having some extra time to stamp! It's such great therapy! :)

Today's card was created using Mercy Kerin's Tuesday Sketch Challenge #38 (see below) and the Owl Together Now stamp set by Stampin' Up!

It's sort of interesting how this card developed. I wasn't sure I could get everything to fit the way I wanted it to with the owl on the branch holding the balloon. Then a lightbulb went off and I thought to stamp and cut out the owl and layer him up on top! Isn't he cute? And ready to par-tay! :)

The stitching I've added is with Stampin' Up linen thread. I pre-pierced the holes using the piercing tool and mat, taped the end to the backside and used a large needle to stitch the X. Just a little something different than stitching with the machine...and I love the look of the linen thread. The designer paper and ribbon are from my stash.

Be sure to blog on over to Lord Have Mercy and see what Mercy and her fabulous team of Muses have created to inspire us today!! Remember, you are *all* encouraged to play along in these challenges!
~ Mercy's Muses ~

Suzy Tyler ~ Inky Rubber {September Guest Muse}

Jackie Pedro ~ The Scalloped Edge
Cindy Haffner ~ Cindy Haffner's Corner

Pam Varnell ~ The Stamping Addict

Julie Lacey ~ Stamps and Taxes

Crystal Birr ~ The Messy Stamper

Jessica Diedrich ~ The Whimsical Butterfly
Shannan Tuebner ~ Shannan Tuebner Designs

Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a wonderful week, my friends!

Smiles 2 U!


Stampin' Up! Products Used:

Stamps: Owl Together Now (111534)

Ink: Basic Black

Cardstock: summer sun, pumpkin pie

Other: linen thread


~ Quote for Today ~

There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.

Bill Watterson, Calvin and Hobbes

19 comments:

Jessica Diedrich said...

This is adorable Pam! LOVE that funny little owl and your color combo is awesome and perfect for Fall!

Jackie Pedro said...

Stamping is GREAT therapy!! Your card is adorable, Pam! LOVE LOVE LOVE those little stitches!!!

Suzy Tyler said...

LOVE the owl, Pam! Great job with your color choices, too.

Sheri Gilson said...

Adorable card Pam!! Love how you did the owl!!

Michele Kovack said...

This is soooooo cute! Love your coloring and the bits of stitching you did too!

Unknown said...

pam...this is so stinkin cute! lovin' that dp and color combo, girl! great coloring, too! thanks for another awesome sample!

{{{hugs}}}
mercy

Pam Varnell said...

Love this fall card Pam. Awesome as always!!!

Anonymous said...

Great fall colors and the stitching is just a fantastic touch! Love it!

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh awesome cute, super job!!!

Julie said...

Beautiful, Pam! What an adorable little owl! Fun colors too! :)

LeAnne said...

Love this little owl, Pam! And that paper is so fall and fun!

Shannan Teubner said...

OMG Pam this is stinkin adorable! I love the little stitching you added...fabulous, girl!

Alex said...

This is sooo stinkin' cute Pam!!! I love the stitching and that adorable owl - great card, my friend! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Katie Skiff said...

Great job!! I love the lil stitchings you did!! AWESOME!!

Gail S. said...

Wow Pam! When I came to visit, I was suprised with your new "look"! I like it :). Great card also!

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

OWL-DORABLE!

Unknown said...

So cute! I love all the details. Great job!

Mandalika said...

This is really cute, I love the fall colours.

Linzy said...

Love that little guy layered on top-having his little wing stick off the edge really adds a lot of interest. I'll hafta give that a try sometime. Great job, Pam! :)