August 17, 2009

{MTSC #35} Thoughts and Prayers ~

YaY! It's time for another one of Mercy's Tuesday Sketch Challenges!


When in need of a card for a dear friend going through a difficult time, the "Thoughts and Prayers" set from Stampin Up is ideal! And when you have a terrific card sketch for inspiration, it makes for a winning combination!

The mega-talented designer of this layout is Mercy Kerin from Lord Have Mercy . She's been very busy creating one fabulous sketch after another. You're all invited to participate in her Tuesday Sketch Challenge . . . just hop on over to her blog for all the details! :)

Oh wait! There's more! Mercy has invited Shannan Tuebner from Shannan Tuebner Designs to be her "Guest Muse" for August. We're so excited to be working alongside Shannan, who is a Stamping *STAR*! You'll be amazed to see what she's done with this sketch . . . and all the other Muses' too . . .
~ Mercy's Muses ~
The designer paper I've used on this card is "Fresh Print Apple" from Deja Views and I've combined it with Stampin Up old olive and orchid opulence cardstock. The rubber stamp is inked with SU watercolor markers and stamped on naturals ivory cardstock. The bottom border is a Martha Stewart punch. Can you believe I didn't add any stitching to this card?! I really wanted to, but then I decided it might be too much. (see my owl card in the last post ;)

Today I want to give a shout out to a few of my faithful followers who continue to bring a big *smile* to my face. Happy Hi to You All! Linzy, Debbie, Gail S, Gayle, Michelle, Stephanie, Jennifer, Julie, LeAnne, Katie, Linda, Mona, Mrs Fence, Nancy, Sheri, Judi, Tenia, Crystal, Mish, Tanh, Sue, Arlana, and last but not least...a Portland Granny! :) I'm glad you're enjoying my creations and my daily quotes too.

Smiles and Hugs Around!






~ Quote for Today ~

Sometimes it's important to work for that pot of gold.
But other times, it's essential to take time off and to make sure that your most important decision in the day simply consists of choosing which color to slide down on the rainbow.
~Douglas Pagels

21 comments:

Jackie Pedro said...

Pam, this is so GORGEOUS! LOVE the colors and this set is one of my fave's!!

Shannan Teubner said...

This is gorgeous, Pam!! Love that edge punch!!

And a *star*? LOL You're good for the ego! ;)

Christina Smith said...

Beautiful, beautiful card! I love those colors together!

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

Love your color combo! And I also love your quote of the day. Ü

Cindy Haffner said...

Beautiful, love your take on the sketch!

Jessica Diedrich said...

This is gorgeous and I Love the purple/green color combo! One of my favorites!

Sheri Gilson said...

Very pretty Pam!! I love the purple & green combo. I left you a little gift on my blog. Please check it out. :D

Katie Skiff said...

Those colors are just beautiful! I have that set, hate to have to use it tho! LOL... Great job and thanks for sharing your beauties with us!!

LeAnne said...

Pam, this is stunning! Love these colors===soooo pretty! I haven't used markers on this set yet, I am too lazy!!! Might have to, after seeing this! ! Your friend will really appreciate this thoughtful card.

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

Beautiful love the colors!!!

Julie said...

Pam this is just lovely! I love the colors! What gorgeous ribbon treatment too! :)

CreativeMish said...

Wow! I really love this card! The colors are fabulous!!

Anonymous said...

YiKes!! This it gorgeous girl!!! It all just flows together perfectly and I LOVE the colors!! I may have to case this!!

Mrs. Fence said...

What a beautiful card! Love the colors and the sketch is great!

Gail S. said...

Once again....another beauty! I love this SU set also. The color combo you chose is stunning. I would have never thought of using those colors for this and it is just so pretty. Hope your day is wonderful and keep smiling my blogger friend!! :-)

Unknown said...

pam...this is so stunning! great colors, and that is one of my favorite SU sets! you never cease to amaze me, lady...your cards are simply fabulous! i am so lucky to have you on my team! :)

Silke Ledlow said...

Gorgoeus card - Pam!!! I love the colors and the SU Set!!! ~S~

Jennipher Lowery said...

Just beautiful. I have been admiring that stamp set and now that I've seen what you've done with it, I have to have it.

Linzy said...

This card is simply STUNNING! I might have to get that set now.... I'm sure my hubby will thank you! :)

Lynn Put said...

This is wonderful!
So pretty!

Pam Varnell said...

Pam, when I first saw this card yesterday I went "WOW". Purple is my favorite color and has been since I was a little girl. I absolutely love it paired with this green. It's so bright and I just love bright!! Love the button treatment and the silk ribbon is beautiful. That SU set looks great the way you stamped it. The leaves look two-toned. Love that. Way to rock the sketch.