June 07, 2015

More Pocket Letter FUN!


SEW Hello Hello! 

Today I want to share my latest pocket letter creation with a vintage sewing theme.  It was created especially for my pocket letter pal Phyllis.   I've used a combination of designer paper, computer generated images, paper piecing, tags, rubber stamping and more!   Check it out and please let me know what you think!


This is the front side. 
Did you notice all the stitching? 
I think it adds "sew" much!




You'll also notice that I put some of the "goodies" (baker's twine, washi tape, buttons) on the front side because I really liked how they blended in.    

Now, for the backside . . .  again, having sew much creative FUN that I couldn't stop myself!  lol


"Letter" is in upper right corner in it's own little envie.


This was our second pocket letter trade, so in place of the letter, I used an idea that I found in my Good Housekeeping magazine and tweaked it a little.  I typed up two pages (1/2 sheet 8.5 x 11 regular copy paper) with one "All About Me" that I filled out and sent to her and the other "All About YOU" that she is to fill in and send back to me with next pocket letter.

Getting 2 Know ME!

  • In my fridge, you’ll always find:
  • Favorite family recipe: (please send!)
  • Any siblings? 
  •  I’ll do anything to avoid: 
  •  I love to shop for: 
  •  I hate shopping for: 
  •  I just learned:
  •  My favorite place to be: 
  •  Stuff I can’t live without:
  •  Dog/Cat/Other: 
  •  Personal motto or mantra: 
  •  Anything else?  ;)
Obviously, this can be modified or added to in any way depending on how much you know each other or want to get to know.

Now, last but not least is the fun presentation of wrapping it all up to send.  I folded the pocket letter ever so carefully and wrapped it in an old McCall's pattern.   Then I took a vintage ladies handkerchief and folded it around and tied it up with baker's twine.  Tied up on top is clear stamp set with vintage sewing stamps (also wrapped in pattern tissue).  I finished it up by adding a stamped, stitched tag, some fancy leaf pins and put it all in a padded envelope to send via USPS First Class Mail.


Just a little side note on sending pocket letters...  I do believe they are supposed to fold up and fit nicely in a #10 business envelope and I know they would if we didn't get so carried with all the extra "embellishments" and "goodies".    The first two I've sent out, I've folded them up and used small padded envelope (9 x 7") and the postage was around $2.50 or so.   I received a pocket letter yesterday that was equally embellished and it was sent in a large manila envelope (9 x 13") for $1.64.   So, long story short, it may be cheaper to send them flat in large envelope, but please do wrap them up in tissue paper to protect and keep all the goodies tucked inside.

Don't you just *love* HAPPY MAIL?!   I sure do!   And creative happy mail is even better yet!

That's all for today.  I'll be back this week to show you the beautiful "love" themed pocket letter I recently received.

Have a wonderful day and be creative!


No comments: