November 08, 2008

It's a Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood!

Actually it's a very cold and windy day in our neighborhood today, but with hot apple cider and the coffee pot on, it was the perfect day to be indoors stamping it up with friends!

I hosted a Stampin' Up! workshop this morning and we had such a FUN time! This is one of our projects using the "Neighborhood" jumbo wheel. As you can see, we all colored our image just a little differently using the Stampin' Up markers. For added dimension and sparkle we added glittery snow to the rooftops using Liquid Applique and diamond glitter. I had forgotten how much fun it is to use the liquid applique...the snow just puffs up when you heat emboss it. :)


{Happy Hi to Jason, Vicki, Karmen, Jami, Mandey & Yvonne and thank U all for letting me share a photo of all our cards together!}

The sentiment is from the "Heard from the Heart" set. It's amazing that I hadn't noticed this set in the catalog and now I have to have it! I wish $$ was no object, because there are SO many sets that I would love to have...plus, all the designer cardstock and new IN colors...and all the ribbon!

We made two other terrific projects, but I'll wait and share those with you tomorrow. Mainly because I want to share a recipe with you that I made for the first time and everyone thought it was yummy! I copied this from one of my favorite blogs "Mish Mash" where Michelle tells the story of how she named it "Mr. Hatfield's Pickle Dip." It is just so easy to make and delicious served with crackers for a tasty snack.

Mr. Hatfield’s Pickle Dip
1 cup sour cream
1-8 oz pkg cream cheese, softened
2 pkgs dried beef, minced
2-3 dill pickle spears, diced
1 T Worcestershire Sauce
Black pepper, garlic powder & season salt to taste
Mix all ingredients. Serve with firm crackers. Can use 'light' ingredients.


Until tomorrow... Happy Stamping!

1 comment:

CreativeMish said...

Very cute! I love how they all look so different! That pickle dip sounds fabulous!