November 23, 2007

A Winter Song ~


It is definitely WINTER in Nebraska with temps dipping down to the teens overnight. Brrrr! There were a few light snow flurries yesterday, but nothing on the ground, thank goodness!

I hope you all had a very Happy Thanksgiving! Our son, Andrew, and daughter-in-law, Jami came out and helped prepare dinner and the four of us had a most bountiful and delicious feast. :)Then Jami {Crazy Daisy Creations} and I enjoyed an afternoon of stampin it up while the guys watched football and took naps. :)

This is one of my new favorite stamps by Elzybells Art Stamps, Ltd, distributed by A Muse. It's appropriately titled "A Winter Song". The layout for this card is from a sketch by Jen at I{heart}2Stamp. It seemed to work perfectly for this sentiment and image. Her blog is another favorite on my google reader.

For added sparkle I've added diamond Stickles to the snow and to the top of the white brads. The image was colored in with prismacolor pencils and the sentiment was colored direct to the rubber with my Stampin Up markers.

This has put me in the holiday spirit and I think I'm going to put away the fall decorations and decorate the Christmas tree today! When do you all do your holiday decorating?
Whatever your plans, have a wonderful weekend! Smiles, Pam :)

Supplies ~
Stamps: Elzybells-a winter song, Hero Arts-sentiment, The Angel Company-snowflakes
Paper: Stampin Up-blue brocade, The Paper Patch-blue cornflower snowflakes
Ink: Stampin Up-blue brocade, markers
Other: diamond Stickles, white brads, white spiral clip, ribbon, prismacolor pencils, Marvy Uchida mega circle and giga scalloped punches.

Quote for Today ~
Winter came down to our home one night
Quietly pirouetting in on silvery-toed slippers of snow,
And we, we were children once again.
~Bill Morgan, Jr.

5 comments:

Heather Grow said...

Very cute card, Pam. I love the cool blues with just the little bird colored red. Love Elzybells.

Lesa said...

Love the stickle for the snow. Sweet card Pam!

Dottie K. said...

This is just so adorable. I love that stamp and it's perfect with the paper. :)

Sharon in NE said...

That is one of my favorite stamps! You did a great job with her. Love the snow!!

shuggy said...

i love this card!!!